Financial Reporting Manager
|Job Title:||Financial Reporting Manager|
|Salary:||£50k - 55k per year|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||May 12, 2021 09:49|
Have you honed your financial accounting skills to the point where you want to be leading on year end while also managing a high performing team? Do you want to join an organisation with a newly formed structure, where new senior leaders are making big changes, creating the opportunity for you to progress? Are you a qualified accountant looking for a role in which you can take the bulk of the responsibility for ensuring accuracy in the financial records?
Based in South London, this is a Housing provider that is showing impressive growth and plays a key role in providing services for the local community, and reflects the diversity and energy of the area. The Financial Reporting Manager will have the following key duties:
- Take full ownership of maintaining the general ledger and aim for total accuracy in the financial records
- Lead on the preparation for year end, producing the final statutory accounts for sign off by senior leaders, as well as being the key liaison for auditors
- Reconcile the balance sheet and control accounts, and make sure that the organisation’s finances comply with all regulations and requirements
- Play a pivotal role in making sure that the financial system is accurate, up to date, and its value is being maximised within the finance team
- Manage a small team, supporting their ambition and development
- Be a key point of financial expertise for the wider organisation, responding to queries, supporting the wider team to make the best use of practices, and promote finance as a resource to both internal and external customers.
With a new structure in place, the team is set up for success and has recently recruited some exceptional talent to help take things to the next level. This is an opportunity that would suit someone with prior financial accounting or audit experience, perhaps someone with a recent qualification looking to transition from supporting year end to leading it for the first time, while absorbing all the support on offer from those above.
The role would particularly suit someone with a dynamic mindset and approach, as upcoming changes in the way finance operates will result in a big shift in how finance is viewed from internal and external customers. Those who can react quickly to change, and appreciate new techniques and methods of promoting finance, will fare well.
With the organisation moving towards a genuinely flexible way of working post-pandemic, you can expect to be able to do a substantial amount of your work remotely if that would suit you.
To be considered for the role, please meet the following criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant
- Have an appreciation and understanding of the unique challenges of the housing and/or local authority sector, and have a positive attitude to change and improvement.
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships outside of finance, as well as previous management experience and the desire to help junior staff members grow
- Be ambitious and motivated to grow quickly in your career – this is a role that will allow the successful candidate to develop and progress into more senior positions.
Please note that the closing date will be brought forward if the suitable candidate comes forward - please don't risk missing out; apply today if you meet the criteria!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£37,300 - 40,248 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance
£42000 - £45000 per annum
£32,300 - £35,794 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance
Interim Financial Accountant
£200 - £300 per day
£45k - 50k per year