19 days ago
The main functions of the role of Financial Reporting Manager will be to manage and control the production of financial data and returns to comply with all regulatory and internal reporting requirements, and provide technical financial insight to guide business decisions and safeguard assets.
Financial Services business.
- Plan, manage & review the production of comprehensive, accurate and timely financial data and reports to meet both regulatory requirements and internal reporting needs.
- Develop & monitor processes, systems and controls in order to manage and mitigate risk efficiently and safeguard assets.
- Guide and advise on financial reporting matters to enable the business to make fully informed decisions based on a clear understanding of any implications.
- Anticipate and assess the financial impact of legal and regulatory changes in order to influence outcomes, communicate possible implications and ensure on-going compliance.
- Build and maintain effective relations with regulatory and professional bodies to protect the business reputation and ensure it is appropriately represented within the industry.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop direct reports so that they know what's expected of them, and can maximise their contribution to business objectives and realise their full potential.
This role would suit a Chartered accountant from a 'Big 4' advisory firm with at least 2 years post-qualified experience gained within Commerce and Industry, ideally within a leadership role. Strong management skills and technical experience (including UK GAAP/IFRS) will be required.
The successful applicant will:
- Take personal responsibility for defining appropriate standards for delivery by self and department, challenging self and others to rise to challenges and to seek to exceed expectations.
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers at both a group and individual level. Demonstrate a clear understanding of customers, their issues and their market and ensure they receive a high quality service at all levels.
- Recognise the different ways that different people and teams contribute to organisational performance.
- Work to provide a climate of autonomy and empowerment that encourages engagement, motivation and development of others in order that they may work effectively and collaboratively to achieve both results and their own potential.
- Act as a role model for others.
You'll be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus scheme of up to 25% of your annual salary, and a variety of other excellent benefits.