Financial Reporting Manager
|Job Title:||Financial Reporting Manager|
|Salary:||£45458 - £54243 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ross Brown|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2020 14:58|
This is an excellent opportunity to join Companies House at a period of significant change.
Companies House is an executive agency of the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy employing around 1,000 staff. We maintain the public register of companies for the UK and provide corporate transparency, making the public register available online, free of charge, allowing individuals and businesses to make effective decisions about engaging with a company. Currently there are more than four million companies on the register, and we incorporate around 500,000 new companies every year.
Our aim is to be the best registry in the world, achieved by brilliant people working on brilliant systems delivering brilliant services. We are currently delivering an organisation-wide transformation programme focusing on a complete redesign of our digital services, a service model approach and culture shift. This change requires different skills, capabilities and mindset where adaptable, bold and curious behaviours are the norm and empowerment is encouraged and utilised.
The Financial Reporting Manager is an exciting new role in the reshaping of Finance. It reports to the Head of Financial Control and works alongside Financial Operations and Financial Systems. The Financial reporting team will also provide support the Strategic Finance and Business Partnering team.
Day to day you will manage the team and deliver:
* Information - The financial reporting team is the owner/guardian/custodian of CH's actual financial information and assets. This role has accountability for the overall integrity of the organisation's actual financial information in terms of its collection, maintenance and presentation.
* Insight - The above information forms the base financial data that is used by Strategic Finance to enable financial decision-making by the Executive Team. It is also required for statutory and legal purposes and is used by Main Board and the Audit Committee.
* Influence - This role drives compliance with accounting standards throughout CH to ensure the organisation's financial position is well controlled and its assets are safeguarded.
* Close working with finance colleagues including the Financial Systems Manager, Financial Operations Manager, Payroll Manager and the Strategic Finance team to control all mainstream financial activities.
* Close working with filing authorities and external auditors in the preparation of filings and statutory accounts.
* Compliance with Government Finance Function, Public Value Framework and Managing Public Money guidance.
The successful candidate will also be part of Companies House Corporate Leadership Group, offering the opportunity to contribute to the wider running of the organisation.
Companies House are looking for candidates with the following;
* A qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
* In-depth financial accounting or audit, and leadership, experience within an SME business/the Civil Service.
* Have proven experience of planning and directing accounting processes leading to annual close and reporting, and of internal and external audit as the client.
* Have sound and up to date technical accounting competence (International Financial Reporting Standards) and the ability to explain accounting standards and their impact and support their integration into the organisation.
* Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to network and build relationships at all levels, and work under limited supervision.
* In-depth and hands-on experience of financial accounting or ERP systems, and advanced Excel and Word.
* Have a customer service empathy and focus, and strong organisational and people management skills.
* Meet monthly deadlines and objectives while assigned to multiple tasks.
* Be skilled in communicating in written narrative financial information to non-financial people.
* Decide how to prioritise your own workload and decide on error/issue resolution (who to inform or speak to, propose correction/action etc) and improvements to make/significant improvements to recommend.
You will have experience:
* in the development and implementation of finance process improvement and innovation
* of driving and implementing positive change projects.
A basic salary in the range of £46,458 - £52,243.
Apart from a competitive salary and highly competitive contributory Civil Service Pension, we also offer a benefits package including:
* A generous 30 days annual leave (based on full time hours) in addition to public holidays
* Great work life balance with flexible and mobile working
* A pro-active approach to employee well-being that allows our employees to flourish and be their best at work
* Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave paid at full rate of pay for the 26 weeks of Ordinary Maternity leave, followed by an extra 13 weeks Statutory Maternity Pay and a further 13 weeks leave is also available which is unpaid. We offer 2 weeks statutory paternity leave
* Career development and progression - Career pathway options such as apprenticeships and recognised qualifications for a variety of professions are available;
* On site gym with Subsidised membership
* Free on-site car parking
* Up to 3 days Paid leave for volunteering opportunities
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Director, Financial and Risk Management
£84,987 to £121,620 + benefits
Internal Audit Manager
£45000 - £50000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Group Accountant - Management & Commercial
£45000 - £55728 per annum
Temporary Management Accountant