Financial Reporting and Tax Accountant
|Job Title:||Financial Reporting and Tax Accountant|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dominic Tivey|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2020 08:32|
This Financial Reporting and Tax Accountant will provide professional support and advice about the potential tax liabilities of the organisation in the UK and overseas. To be part of the team that manages the overseas fiscal activities whilst also managing the production of the year end statutory accounts together with all disclosure requirements.
Our client is an organisation that sits within the public sector and plays a pivotal role in promoting tourism in the UK. Based in London.
- Responsible for the maintanence and development of tax strategies, applications and compliance
- Maintain through consultants an international source of advice that VB can use to ensure expert local tax advice is received. Control cost of consultants.
Advice and Procedures
- Responsible for the preparation, development and maintenance of the organisational policies and procedures relating to tax and year -end accounts.
- Assist on overseas Subsidiaries, Branches & Representative offices Accounting and tax compliances
Statutory Accounts and Audits
- Manage the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and notes and help to ensure they are completed in agreed timescales, reflect the financial activities of the organisation during the year, and comply with the latest IFRS based FReM
- Completion of all regulatory returns and submissions to our governing department also submission of Annual account with Companies House as per the deadlines. ONS returns.
Maintenance of Fixed Asset register and Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register and make sure that there are backing documents for additions and disposals.
- Regular reconciliation of Balance Sheet control accounts e.g. Prepayment and accruals accounts.
The Financial Reporting and Tax Accountant:
- Qualified financial accountant with proven extensive on the job experience.
- Working knowledge of World-wide taxation (VAT, employment & corporate)
- Strong accounting and tax technical skills/reporting.
- Experience in reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation and annual report and accounts.
- In depth knowledge of preparation of statutory accounts in the UK for an international operating organisation. With experience of UK GAAP and IFRS issues
- Ability to manipulate and analyse large, complex and diverse financial data
- Strong technical accounting skills and experience.
- Strong IT skills with emphasis on Excel (Advance level) and Word.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Research and report writing skills.
- Experience communicating complex tax issues to non-finance staff.
- Salary £50,000-£55,000
- Applications and interviews will be ongoing but please apply ASAP to avoid missing out
- A competitive lifestyle and benefits package
"Financial Reporting and Tax Accountant, London" "Travel and Toursim"
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's