Financial Reporting Advisory, Senior Manager - Banking Sector
|Job Title:||Financial Reporting Advisory, Senior Manager - Banking Sector|
|Salary:||£69000 - £81000 per annum + + Cash Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Colin Hawkins|
|Job Published:||June 12, 2020 15:10|
This international firm is looking for a Financial Reporting Advisory Senior Manager, with banking entity experience, to work within its Technical Standards Group.
This is a growing, large accountancy firm which can provide excellent opportunities for promotion towards partnership.
This role sits in a predominantly internally focussed technical standards team, which provides technical support, training and quality control services on financial reporting and assurance matters. It has approximately 65 staff and is led by five partners.
The individual will be required to answer financial reporting queries and deliver financial reporting training on banking-related topics and also to conduct technical reviews of the annual reports of banking clients.
The individual will be expected to build close working relationships with the audit teams focussing on those banking clients. The individual will also be expected to deal with queries arising on other non-banking topic areas and perform accounts reviews of non-banking clients.
- Review the annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk clients, particularly from (but not limited to) the banking sector, to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards, company legislation and regulatory requirements
- Act as the key liaison between FRA and the audit and advisory teams focussing on banking clients
- Provide clear and practical solutions to ad hoc technical accounting queries
- Help develop financial reporting tools and guidance for application by the firm's partners and staff
- Prepare and present financial reporting training, updates and seminars both internally and externally
- Write articles and other materials on financial reporting matters for internal and external communications.
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- A good working knowledge of IFRSs, UK GAAP (FRSs 101 and 102) and the Companies Act with the ability to apply that knowledge to complex financial reporting issues and provide practical and supportable solutions
- Knowledge and experience of accounting for financial instruments under IFRSs (especially IFRS 9) and FRS 102
- Practical experience of the review of all aspects (ie front and back end) of the annual report of private and publicly traded companies, particularly from the financial services (Banking) sector
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Salary up to £81,000 plus cash allowance and benefits.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Reporting Accountant
40000 - 50000
Public Sector Audit Seniors
£45750 - £48000 per annum
Top 15 Audit Manager – Financial Services
55000 - 65000
Manager / Senior Manager
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
Research Manager - Not for Profit within Financial Services