Financial Reporting Accountant
|Job Title:||Financial Reporting Accountant|
|Salary:||40000 - 50000|
|Contact Name:||HR and recruitment team|
|Job Published:||January 19, 2021 15:45|
The CashFlows finance department needs an experienced Financial Reporting Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a background within finance at a mid level, who wants ownership on the overall management of the month end process for Cashflows.
If you have an eye for detail and a passion for working smart, this is the role for you. You will have autonomy in this role, ownership on process improvements, to help streamline and shorten reporting timelines and the potential to drive change through troubleshooting.
What you will be doing
- Preparation of monthly board and management accounting pack, including analysis, with proper understanding of all numbers, both P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflows
- Overall responsibility for control of the balance sheet:
- All controls and reconciliations in place, documented, understood and enforced.
- Review of overall control environment in the finance team, including risk-based periodic checks of the operations team controls
- Allocation of balance sheet control to all team members
- Primary contact for year end audit, including planning, day-to-day audit issues, ensuring audit tasks pushed down to the appropriate team members in Finance
- Preparation of entity statutory accounts and assistance with main company accounts
- Tax matters including PAYE and VAT
- Overall responsibility for legal-entity accounting and consolation adjustments
- Booking of appropriate accruals and prepayments
- Accounting for fixed assets, including capitalisation of staff costs
- Other ad-hoc reporting as needed (such as national statistics, FCA reporting, etc.)
What you'll be experienced in
- Good inter-personal skills and a team player.
- Will have worked in a high-volume or high transactional business.
- Curious - wants to understand why and how we do things, and really understand what is going on.
- Intelligent, organised and systematic.
- Proficient Excel Skills (pivots, sumifs, vlookup).
- The ability to learn new systems quickly and deal with change.
- Ability to work well under pressure, within tight deadlines.
The core working hours of this role are Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week.
What you get...
Our benefits and perks include;
- Performance based bonus
- 25 days holiday per year, plus a day off on your birthday and if you're moving house
- Private Medical Insurance
- 4x salary life assurance
- Income protection
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Health Cash Plan cover
- Bike to Work Scheme
- And discounts with a range of retailers
- Flexible working, we believe that it is important for us to work flexibly and so we're very supportive of working from home and everyone can do so for up to 3 days a week.
And finally, no promises but we have been known to throw a great staff party once or twice a year!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Reporting Accountant - 12 month contract
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
£43000 - £46000 per annum + bonus + pension
Financial Accountant - Hedge Accounting
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
External Reporting Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Senior Manager - Sustainability reporting