£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
9 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Financial Reporting Accountant - £40,000 to £50,000 plus remote working available
Your new company
Your new company is an ambitious SME with strong external funding ready to grow in 2021 and beyond. The business operate in services.
Your new role
This role is newly created and has come about due to business growth and thus more reporting requirements.
You`ll report to an engaging head of financial reporting and join an existing team of 3 other qualified accountants in the reporting function.
The main focus of this role is to support the financial reporting & compliance team in building and maintaining a strong financial control environment across the business to ensure that the group is compliant with its accounting requirements in each of the countries in which it operates. To work alongside the wider group finance team, ensuring the group's financial accounting is accurately completed on a timely basis. You`ll also be involved in continuous process improvement and provide support to the reporting team for external audit, tax compliance and a variety of country-specific requirements.
- Support the Financial Reporting Team with finalisation of month-end accounting entries, and to assist financial reporting.
- Perform routine reconciliation and appropriate checks of processes, sub-ledger balances, Balance Sheet reconciliations and provide relevant analysis of key variances.
- Compile draft monthly forecasts of costs and highlight future risks of overspend.
- Manage the Inter-company process, developing and maintaining control around inter-company transaction as well as accurately processing transactions and reconciling balances.
- Assist with preparation of VAT returns for all subsidiaries and keep up to date with local compliance.
- Assist with the Financial Year End close process, working with the Head of Financial Reporting, the Financial Reporting & Compliance Accountant and external partners throughout the audit process
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with proven financial reporting experience. It would be advantageous if you`ve worked in a European business or a group structured business. We would also consider a finalist at the bottom end of the banding if they possessed the relevant experience.
We are looking for someone to contribute to process improvements and bring some fresh ideas, so a pro-active mindset is key.
What you'll get in return
- £40,000 to £50,000 base salary
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Remote working policy - you could do as little as 1 day per week on site (you can do 2-5 days on site if you so wish)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.