Financial Reporting Accountant
|Job Title:||Financial Reporting Accountant|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Ross Brown|
|Job Published:||December 09, 2020 15:04|
This is a newly created role within the organisation through continued growth. This is a role that will grow with the candidates to become bigger over the coming years.
This Financial Services Organisation (in my opinion) one of the best businesses in Wales!
They have an amazing culture, putting people first and are integral in the growth of the Welsh Economy
This is a newly created role that you can put your stamp on.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of loan loss provisioning models in line with IFRS 9 and FRS 102.
- Production of year end schedules and disclosures for the loan book under IFRS 9 including analysis of credit risk and key sensitivities.
- Preparation of key audit matter papers for the Audit and Risk Committee on technical accounting issues.
- Assist in the implementation of new IFRS standards and other reporting requirements into the Group and subsidiary financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements for subsidiary companies within the Group.
- Review monthly management accounts in accordance with the agreed format and timetable.
- Review of month end reconciliations of key control accounts.
- Provide feedback on the management accounts and support to team members involved in their preparation.
- Review and authorisation of bank payments.
- Lead and motivate direct reports to ensure they are maximising their potential. This will include objective setting and monitoring within the performance management review scheme (PMR).
- To assist in the management of the accounting and financial control procedures which safeguard the assets of the company.
- Proactively identify areas of weakness and work across departments to identify/implement improvements to the accounting and associated systems in accordance with best practice.
- Co-operation with internal and external auditors, advisers and as required.
- Any other task as may be identified by the Group Technical Accountant to meet the operational needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Holder of a recognised UK accountancy qualification with at least 2 years post qualification experience in a financial services environment.
- Experience of line management in a Finance department.
- Up to date knowledge of technical accounting developments including IFRS9 and fair value accounting.
- Experience of preparation of financial statements under IFRS to include FRS 101 and FRS 102.
- Experience of consolidation accounting.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- IT literate with advanced ability using Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh.
- Familiar with SAGE 200 or similar accounting packages.
- Familiar with Portfolio management systems.
- Familiar with Power BI and Excel in Business data management tools.
- Self motivated and flexible approach to work.
A salary in the range of £45,000 - £50,000
30 days annual leave + bank holidays
flexible working - currently all home based
fee parking in Cardiff city centre after lockdown
a real career development opportunity
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Research Manager - Not for Profit within Financial Services
Finance Manager - Cost Analysis and Challenge
Up to £50000 per annum
Eschborn (65760), Hessen
£58734.65 - £67770.75 per annum
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £48000 per annum + Excellent benefits package
Senior Investment Manager
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£60000.00 - £70000 per annum + 38 day holiday,15% bonus,15% pension