Financial Planning, Control & Analysis - Analyst
|Job Title:||Financial Planning, Control & Analysis - Analyst|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£55000 - £56000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ian McGill|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2019 11:51|
This is a perfect mixed finance role for someone who ultimately sees themselves becoming an FD within Financial Services. The role combines both the financial control and strategic elements that are needed if you ultimately want to head up a finance function.
The company is one of the most reputable investment managers in the world and they take on great people and give them development opportunites and training to continually progress their careers once they join.
They are looking for a qualified accountant with strong academics and ideally good financial control experience. The successful candidate will likely have between 0 - 2 years post qualified experience. Please see the details of the role below:
The team will work closely with the Income and Costing teams to ensure both the statutory and the management accounting cut of legal entities' results are correct and fit for use. They are then well placed to provide high quality historic and forward looking financial management information and analysis. The team will thereby assist senior management and heads of business units with planning, strategic decision making and performance evaluation of business units.
- Preparation of financial analysis, written reports and presentations for internal stakeholders;
- Analysis of business unit performance and communication of this to key stakeholders;
- Running the annual strategy and budgeting processes;
- Timely delivery of ad hoc analysis to meet stakeholder requests; and
- Exploratory thought pieces and value-add analysis of data.
- Providing technical accounting oversight, ensuring the ledger is controlled and the legal entity result is rationalised within the context of the entities' contractual obligations and regulatory permissions;
- Preparing and reviewing annual statutory accounts and regular Board reports as required, including liaison with external auditors;
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations; and
- Presenting the monthly and quarterly corporate entity results to Finance Management.
- Managing the relationship with outsourced service providers and overseas accountants, where necessary;
- Supporting the local business units / countries with operational issues (alongside the relevant specialist teams) including i-expenses, taxes, compensation processes, liquidity and capital management; and
- Ensuring the Finance coverage for the legal entities and business units is complete, efficient and co-ordinated within the global Finance model.
- Managing the Oracle general ledger in accordance with the monthly reporting timetable;
- Working closely with Finance Operations teams to review and challenge the revenue and cost base of the legal entities;
- Reviewing the result as submitted into the consolidation system HFM in accordance with the monthly reporting timetable; and
- Liaising with outsourced service providers, overseas accountants and key business contacts as necessary.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£70000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
£55000 - £75000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per month
Senior Financial Data Manager
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£48000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + 20% bonus,38 day holiday,15% pension