Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant
|Job Title:||Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £54000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steven O'Connell|
|Job Published:||October 21, 2020 17:03|
Your new company
My client is a university based in Central London. They are looking to recruit an FP&A Accountant on an 18 month fixed term contract with the view to going permanent.
Your new role
The Financial Planning and Analysis post plays a key role in delivering the work of the Management Accounts, in particular the student number and fee analysis, the management accounts reporting, and the budget process.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for preparing the monthly management accounts including liaison with finance colleagues for the latest updates, analytical reporting and preparing the first draft of any papers.
- Leading on forecasting student tuition fee income, both in year and in future years, analysing large volumes of data and working closely with the Planning and Statistics team
- Maintaining and updating the budget and forecast spreadsheets for the university, co-ordinating the collection of inputs from across the finance team, reconciling versions, updating senior management on key movements, maintaining a detailed evidence and workings file, and preparing summary and presentational data for committees
- Any other reporting requirements as they arise during the financial year
- Work closely with Finance and Planning teams to ensure that student number and tuition fee modelling requirements are delivered, including scenario modelling over a number of years
- Analysis of high volumes of student data and delivery of key insights
- Reconciliation of complex data sets
- Construction of scenario-based forecasts
What do I need?
It is essential to have extensive experience of financial planning and analysis work as well as experience of regular collaboration with colleagues from outside the immediate finance team. You will have advanced Excel skills and an understanding of financial modelling. You will be a qualified CCAB accountant.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be placed on a fixed term contract and will be paid between, £45000 - £54000 per annum, plus an excellent benefits package, working in an excellent Central London location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Financial Accountant
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus, healthcare
Group Management Accountant
£64k - 68k per year
£60000 - £75000 per annum + bonus, healthcare
Finance Business Partner
£41k - 45k per year
Finance Systems Analyst (TM1)
Leeds, West Yorkshire