Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant
|Job Title:||Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Rider|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2019 17:24|
Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant role working for an innovative Tech Organisation based in central Leeds. An initial 12 month contract, but with scope for extension and to go permanent for the right candidate.
Leading and innovative tech organisation based in central Leeds.
An exciting Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant role working for an innovative Tech Organisation based in central Leeds. An initial 12 month contract, but with scope for extension and to go permanent for the right candidate.
This role is a key member of the Finance Team and contributes to the provision of a central, consolidated financial management reporting service to the organisation, including ownership of the financial management reporting system.
Key areas of delivery will include:
- Lead the analysis of the organisation financial position on a monthly basis to produce timely, accurate and insightful MI to the Board and senior stakeholders (including corporate financial KPIs)
- Leading on analysis and challenge of in-year financial actuals and forecasts to ensure data is robust and credible.
- Ensure the delivery of organisational key financial responsibilities around planning, evaluation, reporting and analysis.
- Ownership of the annual budget, forecasting guidance and financial planning (covering a five year period) processes, ensuring that they are robust and evidence/assumption based.
- Responsible for planning, developing and reporting on the annual budget and future years' strategic planning, including setting the organisational guidance, challenging cost centres' assumptions and seeking resolution to any issues arising from the budget process.
- Be a part of the development of, and take forward the on-going management reporting of, outputs for Activity Based Reporting for the organisation, taking on a key role in communicating new and complex financial data to stakeholders across the organisation
- Develop and lead the analysis of the outputs of ABR reporting to ensure continual iterative improvement to the inputs and outputs of the model/ system.
- Refine budgeting processes to take into the account the outputs of ABR and resource forecasting
- Providing expert advice on affordability of new work proposals/ business cases for the organisation, taking into account highly complex cross-organisational funding flows
- Lead regular reviews of reporting requirements for the organisation and implement changes to improve quality of reporting and decision-making, including on-going review and improvements of financial KPIs/ benchmarking.
- Undertake corporate analysis and assessment of financials, particularly in supporting and contributing to the corporate Cost Improvement Programme.
The successful Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant candidate will possess the following skills and experience.
- Accountancy qualified ( ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA )
- Significant experience and proven track record of initiating, agreeing and financially managing complex and high value budgets (ideally within an IT environment)
- Significant experience and proven track record of managing consolidated management accounts through monthly and annual reporting cycles, budgeting and future financial planning, including the production of concise, informative and user-friendly financial reports to the standard required by stakeholders. Experience of activity-based reporting/ cost allocation models would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex financial scenarios and issues to colleagues at all levels of the organisation, including writing papers for Board/ EMT.
- Demonstrable experience in developing highly effective collaborative relationships with senior management, other colleagues and customers.
- Demonstrable experience of managing continuous monitoring and improvement of financial analysis and reporting to meet internal and external requirements
- Proven ability to quickly grasp and clearly articulate complex financial funding scenarios and issues, including to non-finance experts.
- Demonstrable experience of pro-actively initiating and promoting discussions with stakeholders in reviewing and implementing improvements to reporting outputs and the processes and systems that underpin them
- IT literate to a high level, with significant experience of effectively using Microsoft Excel for financial modelling.
- Proven ability for collaborative working with colleagues, sharing knowledge, best practice and lessons learned
c£50,000 - £60,000 depending upon relevant experience
Excellent pension scheme
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Bens
Group Financial Accountant
£250.00 - £300.00 per day
£250.00 - £300.00 per day
£55000 - £60000 per annum + plus 10% bonus and benefits