10 days ago
Haines Watts Scotland is looking for passionate and highly skilled individuals to join our business and assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one Trusted Advisor to Owner-Managed Businesses.
We are a top 15-accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930s specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK and continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally. We offer over 100 specialist service areas to our 35,000 clients across our 60 offices in the UK.
We are recruiting for a full-time experienced Financial Outsourcing Senior looking to join a forward looking business as we continue to digitise our clients and prepare for the future. You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will have daily client contact within varied sectors, working with other members in the outsourcing team and wider firm.
Our core values of being authentic, showing passion and valuing relationships at Haines Watts define who we are and we are committed to developing our team members within their roles to progress in their careers.
We know that in addition to a competitive salary, our team members want benefits that are flexible enough to meet their needs and to change with them as their priorities change. We offer a wide range of benefits which include holidays, life assurance, company pension scheme and employee assistance programme along with a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from. These include local gym membership, cycle to work scheme, critical illness insurance and a fantastic range of cash back and discounts with selected retailers on our rewards website.
If you are an enthusiastic, professional who is keen to secure a progressive role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm, please visit our website to find out more.
The Financial Outsourcing Senior's duties will include:
* Building and maintaining good working relationships with clients
* Processing of sales and purchase invoices using our cloud accounting software
* Processing of accounting journals (such as payroll and depreciation)
* Reconciliation of bank, cash and credit card accounts
* Reconciliation of the VAT liability to the trial balance
* Preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual VAT returns
* Preparation and submission of EC Sales List returns
* VAT administrative duties such as VAT registrations and de-registrations
* Delivering software training to clients
* Review and challenge current processes and suggesting improvements to drive continuous improvement
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role within practice
* Working knowledge of other accounting software packages (including SAGE, Quickbooks and Kashflow)
* Experience with data capture systems (Dext, Hubdoc, etc) is desired
* Xero certification
* Excellent communication skills
* Client centred outlook
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Good organisational skills
* Ability to manage and organise your own portfolio
* Ability to work in a team
If you are keen to secure a progressive role as a Financial Outsourcing Senior within a unique top 15 accountancy firm, please apply today to find out more.
This position could be based at any of our 3 Scottish offices.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee."