Financial Operations Accountant
|Job Title:||Financial Operations Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Davidson|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2019 17:00|
Described by our clients as ‘passionate’, ‘innovative’, ‘collaborative’: BuroHappold Engineering is an independent, international engineering practice that over the last 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world’s leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today.
As an organisation we strive for progress and are committed to finding new and better ways to deliver elegant solutions. We recognise that this can only happen if our people can keep up with, create and implement the latest developments in technology and ideas. We offer learning and development opportunities at every level, to help shape exciting and personally satisfying careers and ensure our engineers stay at the cutting edge of industry thought.
About the role...
A wide ranging role that focusses on the maintenance and development of the businesses internal control environment, but also encompasses ad hoc projects across the full range of financial disciplines required for a thriving international consultancy, including financial planning & analysis, tax, treasury and statutory reporting.
The role would ideally suit a newly qualified ACA from Practice who is looking for their first role in industry: a role that could include a degree of international travel.
Working closely with the Director of Financial Operations, the role will incorporate the following responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of an internal audit function
- Develop and improve financial processes and internal controls to ensure consistency across all international offices
- Drive the ongoing documentation of the business internal control processes
- Design and implementation of a global Purchase Order system
- Deputise for the Director of Financial Operations with regards to the internal control environment
Assist the Director of Financial Operations with respect to all FP&A aspects of running the business including the following:
- Project accounting, including commercial project reviews
- Monthly reporting
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Overhead analysis
- Other ad-hoc analysis and information requests
Significant ad-hoc projects and support will be required across a wide range of financial disciplines, including:
- Credit Control
- Statutory Reporting & Audit
Covering regional finance teams as and when required.
- Qualified ACA
- Flexible can-do attitude with the drive to positively approach a wide range of business needs
- Self-motivated and highly organised with the proven ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Confident and proactive, with the ability to take the lead in challenging situations
- Resilient with excellent communication skills and demonstrate an attention to detail
- Experience of professional services or the construction industry would be an advantage
- Intermediate Excel skills, (VLookups, Pivot Tables) required
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
£177 - £55000.00 per annum
Group Senior Financial Accountant
Competitive plus excellent benefits
Senior Financial Accountant (Manufacturing)
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus