Financial Efficiency Manager
|Job Title:||Financial Efficiency Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive annual salary up to £60,000 plus benefits. Subject to experience and qualifications.|
|Contact Name:||Nicole Rich|
|Job Published:||April 06, 2020 12:56|
Support and track delivery of a programme of cost efficiency across Thames Water to deliver Corporate targets.
- Influence key stakeholders to deliver efficiency targets: Develop an approach that effectively engages Finance and business colleagues to support analysis and deliver target outputs. Own and manage the relationship with finance and PMO functions across the company to support the achievement of corporate efficiency targets; engage with business stakeholders in key enabling functions.
- Programme management: Support development and execution of a programme that identifies, targets and prioritise cost efficiencies across Thames Water. Co-ordinate governance, reporting, and structure for the programme.
- Key contributor role to financial budgeting/investment processes: Analyse and opine on budget targets and investment approaches, with a particular focus on efficiency.
- Drive programme execution in appropriate, effective timescales.
- Work with stakeholders to drive structured governance, process drumbeat, and reporting of performance across the business.
- Establish a governance framework to consolidate and manage efficiency initiatives around the business, covering tactical and more strategic across all key cost areas. Including the development of clear documentation for processes, quality templates and clear reporting to provide appropriate MI to senior management / Exec.
- Drive a robust view of efficiencies across Thames Water and heightened visibility/transparency to the leadership.
- Embed a continuous improvement cycle to maximise output on a regular basis.
- Provide an objective assessment of capability/maturity and structure in business areas, flagging concerns up the line and supporting improvement plans where appropriate.
- Drive/track performance for all support functions to ensure delivery of efficiency target.
- Understand the issues inherent in the business and key cost drivers; use knowledge of the business, awareness of the best practice and strong commercial acumen to challenge initiatives and support the identification of opportunities.
- Support establishment of working practices and engagement, covering interface with business leaders, the Finance community, Executive.
- Engage with business stakeholders in key pan-Thames enabling functions to assess opportunities and support execution of efficiency plans.
- Adjust existing processes, where relevant, to accommodate efficiency tests/measures/metrics.
- Demonstration of cost management efficiencies to ensure value for money is optimised.
- Perform analysis on cost drivers and draw out opportunities or areas where greater focus is required.
- Proactively highlight risks and opportunities identified through reviews to senior .management.
- Drive engagement and accountability for portfolio targets and delivery into functional areas.
- Regularly influencing and presenting to senior finance management key findings from financial analysis.
- Continuously seek opportunities to add value to the business as a finance function.
- Identify disconnects in existing business processes/interactions and seek the solution.
- Support a longer-term view within programme activities, identifying areas of strategic importance and whether the programme is on track to deliver long-term commitments.
- Through the understanding of cost drivers, targeted analysis and stakeholder engagement, ensure key cost categories have defined strategies and targets underpinning aspirational improvement plans.
- Assess best practice / benchmarked performance / external reports against actual performance/plans - advise on the sufficiency of plans, gaps and help implement appropriate transformation roadmaps.
- Support the corporate Budget and forecast cycle, ensuring efficiencies are included and reflect programme status.
- Draw out risks and opportunities, including assessment of RAG position, to provide insight to management around potential outturn and challenges.
- Work with the Integrated Business Planning team to support the development of long term business plans and appropriate inclusion of efficiencies.
- Advise and support business stakeholders to identify and deliver efficiency opportunities.
- Influence and support Finance & Commercial peers.
- Support and challenge a broader finance community to embed a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to consult and influence a range of personnel.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with finance teams across the business units to drive strong engagement.
- Engage with the TW Transformation team and drive consistent, best practice across programme activities.
- 5+yrs PQE or equivalent.
- Experience of work with major transformation / operational projects; familiarity with PMO delivery.
- Inquisitive and challenging mindset; structured and organised approach.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, whilst being able to see a broader picture.
- Significant communications experience - presenting financial analysis to senior management, including Company Executive.
- Business partnering experience; regarded as SME / go to accountable Finance owner for a significant business function.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Good commercial acumen; flexible and strong appetite for change.
- Proactive and established ability to offer business guidance and advice.
- Ambitious and sets high goals.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Accounting Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum
bonus and benefits
Systems & Financial Accountant
City of London, London
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Finance Manager (Professional Services)
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus
Interim Finance Manager
£250.00 - £300.00 per day