Financial Controller - Technology
|Job Title:||Financial Controller - Technology|
|Salary:||£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus|
|Contact Name:||Kavita Sharma|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2020 10:12|
A qualified Financial Controller with a background in technology / software
Your new role
You will be providing first class general ledger management and control. The role will include managing the GL close process, local statutory account filing and accounting for payroll and associated costs.
- Managing a team of 4 Accountants and 1 Accounts Payable Manager
- Responsibility for G/L accounting and Balance Sheet reconciliations across a range of accounts in EMEA
- Own and drive improvements with the monthly/quarterly and annual close(s) to tight deadlines and assist with reporting to the US parent
- Final review of expenses across UK and Swiss entities, working closely with FP&A to compare versus budget and forecast
- Oversee payroll and vacation accounting for the UK entity
- Ownership of UK local audit requirements, including statutory accounts
- Multiple ad-hoc projects as required in a fast-paced acquisitive environment - M&A, accounting standards changes, office moves, system improvements, etc.
- Work closely with Enterprise Applications team to drive any process improvements on ERP and integrated applications
- Work with the Accounts Payable Manager to ensure, vendors and employees are paid on time and costs are accurately recorded in the correct period
- Chair monthly finance meetings
- Ongoing support to commercial team as appropriate
- Develop a monthly reporting pack to support quarterly reporting process.
What you'll need to succeed
- Background within the finance functions of a European technology company
- US GAAP experience in a software/technology environment (highly desirable)
- Strong understanding of financial controls
- Strong financial systems skills
- Shared Service Centre Experience
- ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Must be used to working to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Previous experience of developing teams is also critical.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Part Time Financial Controller – Fintech Business
60000 - 70000 Pro Rata + Share Options
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£36000 - £42000 per annum
Group Financial Reporting Accountant
Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000 - £65000 per annum + plus benefits
Assistant Audit Manager - Technology , Media and Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits