Financial Controller - Tech Start-Up
|Job Title:||Financial Controller - Tech Start-Up|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joshua De La Noy|
|Job Published:||August 29, 2019 14:43|
Your new company
A forward-thinking company based in Shoreditch with international links reaching Europe and Africa. They are centred around a progressive concept which streamlines the facilitation of online inter-continental transfers. They are a fast-paced, high growth firm looking to bring on people who are passionate about their mission and excited to work in a start-up environment.
Your new role
- Involved in all financial duties, including end-to-end accounting cycle, income tax, reporting, regulatory filings and treasury.
- Manage and perform all aspects of day-to-day accounting, including accounts payable, bank reconciliations and recording of transactions in the accounting system
- Lead the preparation of financial statements and investor reporting package
- Collaborate with engineering to automate accounting close and reconciliation processes
- Lead treasury and liquidity management, including daily trading in foreign exchange markets and funding of partner accounts in Africa
- Continuously revise and re-design processes to adapt to our rapidly growing business
- Advise on taxation matters, in coordination with external tax advisors
- Participate in special projects as they arise
What you need to succeed
You will need to be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant with 3-5 years of relevant experience in an accounting role, advanced excel skills and exposure to a multi-currency environment. Looking for someone who is keen to progress and integrate themselves within an exciting new company
What you will get in return
You will receive a competitive salary depending on your experience as well as custom stock options and a generous bonus package. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to get hands-on with the detail but also take ownership to develop the finance. You will be working with an impressive Finance Director based in New York and assist as they go through further fund raising.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this opportunity then click "Apply Now". Alternatively, if this isn't the right opportunity for you but you are actively looking then get in contact with the Senior Finance team at Hays in central London.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's