Financial Controller - SME
|Job Title:||Financial Controller - SME|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kavita Sharma|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 10:30|
A qualified accountant with experience of working in an SME at a FM or FC level
Your new company
A £10mil T/O consultancy company based in Crowthorne, growing year on year
Your new role
The function of the Financial Controller is to manage the transactions, systems and processes of this SME. The role will include:-
- Accurate and timely financial information is produced for each entity
- Ensuring all tax and accounting compliance requirements are met
- Careful cash / treasury management
- Ensure a robust system of internal controls is in place and working effectively for each entity.
- General accounting & financial controls
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all GL entries, TB, P&L & Balance Sheet reports completed and reviewed for inaccuracies / unusual items on a monthly basis to an agreed timetable
- Efficient management of AP (part time AP clerk)
- Ensure accurate and up to date fixed asset records are maintained and accurate depreciation journals processed each month
- Check and approve quarterly VAT returns (UK)
- Effective management of Receivables and Projects Manager
- Ensure all inter-company accounts reconciled monthly and differences followed up / corrected
- Ensure all balance Sheet reconciliations prepared and checked each week / month as appropriate (Bank, Taxes, Inter Company, all control accounts)
- Project accounting - ensure all projects are correctly billed in line with signed proposals and all time worked and expenses incurred on each project is correctly invoiced to clients.
- Management Accounts Pack (Monthly and Annual)
- Delivery of monthly and YTD P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow for each OC, to agreed timetable.
- Presentation of results to local management teams.
- KPI reporting (time utilisation, debtor days etc)
- Analysis of monthly / year to date results
- Monthly P&L & cash flow forecasting
- Assist CFO and Group Accountant with annual budgeting process
- Assist CFO and liaise with external accountants in relation to annual accounts and tax returns
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified in CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Knowledge and understanding of UK GAAP
- Experience managing finance staff (2 direct reports)
- Knowledge of US sales and payroll taxes (Nexus rules)
- Experience working with NetSuite
- Comfortable dealing with multi-currency and cross border inter company
- Strong analytic and presentation skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's