|Job Title:||Financial Controller/Manager|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||January 21, 2020 16:58|
Marble Power began with the customer at the heart of everything. That is the reason why our core values start with you, and are centred around the best possible customer service, for the best price.
Marble Power is a member of the GFG Alliance, a privately owned international grouping of businesses, founded by the British Gupta Family. The Alliance's integrated business model encompasses mining, energy generation, metals and engineering. Was originally set up to supply the Group's industrial assets in the UK. Marble Power was formed in 2013 to provide flexibility to the Group and solve some of the frustrations experienced by customers across the industry, including high security deposits, limited flexibility, as well as limited customer service and support to our industrial sites.
Since 2013 Marble Power has established a sustainable and fast-growing energy supply business that trades all power and gas for GFG Alliance's industrial assets in the UK at the best possible price. Marble Power successfully manages over 1.5 TWh of supply, whilst upholding and delivering on its core values in terms of level of support and service that provides transparency and flexibility to all customers. Marble Power is now expending its services, working closely with its existing customers and prospects looking at innovation to improve energy consumption, overall efficiency and carbon footprint.
This role will based in Gloucester, you will be responsible for the full accounting function. The post holder will work closely with the entire team, executive and operational. You will be responsible for the day to day Accounting function for Marble Power Ltd. This is an ideal role for a candidate who enjoys taking ownership, enjoys regular interaction with colleagues and wishes to add value to a small and growing trading power business.
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance using Access.
- Producing detailed monthly, quarterly and annual Management Accounts.
- Processing and Reconciliation of account payables and receivables.
- Payment of Creditors according to strict deadlines and company policies Processing Cashbooks daily.
- Monthly and daily bank reconciliations.
- Preparing quarterly and monthly VAT returns.
- Preparing and submitting various Energy regulatory returns annually and monthly.
- Processing monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Revenue and cost reporting and trend analysis.
- Daily, weekly and monthly cash flow reporting.
- Assisting with the preparation of year end accounts.
- Assisting and liaising with External Auditors.
- Managing a small accounting team as we grow.
- Adhoc tasks as and when required.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant with a Accounting Degree or at least 3 years working experience in a similar role.
- Industry knowledge is critical.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual management accounting experience.
- Sound experience of using an ERP System.
- Able to work independently to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to pick up new tasks quickly and accurately and timely to meet monthly deadlines.
- Create and maintain excellent working relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
All third parties and direct applications will be forwarded directly onto Hays Recruitment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Houghton Le Spring, Tyne and Wear
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Financial Accountant (Renewable Energy)
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus
Head of Financial Modelling & Analysis
£80000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus, LTIP and more
Treasury Reporting Manager - FTSE 100
£65000 - £75000 per annum