£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
28 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Hays Senior Finance are recruiting exclusively for our client one of the leading suppliers of garden furniture in the UK who are experiencing continual growth.
The company is located in Gloucestershire with easy access to the surrounding towns of Cheltenham, Cirencester and Stroud.
Reporting to the two Owner Directors, the Head of Finance will be responsible for all financial matters and work closely with the Senior Management team to provide reporting and offer advice.
The duties of the role include:
- Management of the company accounting function
- Contributing to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and providing financial analysis of business plans, targets and assessing key business drivers
- Production of monthly management accounts and monthly board papers including KPI reporting.
- Liaison with external auditors and advisors
- Production of R&D tax returns
- Ensuring the Company complies with relevant legal, accounting and tax regulations including submitting required returns including VAT.
- Liaison with external payroll providers
- Managing the budget process and frequent forecasting
- Cash flow forecasting, analysis and planning
- Managing company credit insurance policies and risk management procedures
- Develop current procedures & processes to ensure complete accuracy
- Train and develop current staff in order to improve financial controls
Applicants must hold a Professional Accountancy Qualification and have strong communication skills to build strong relationships with the Board members, internal stakeholders and external advisers. Applications must have a high level of IT competency, including advanced Excel skills. Knowledge of SAP Business One would be an advantage. Workings hours for this position would be agreed with the directors.
Benefits include pension after three months service, Childcare vouchers and free car parking is available. Own transport essential.
- Ability to lead, motivate and encourage teams
- Strong IT skills and experience
- Ability to work under pressure
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive minded, commercially focused Financial Controller to join an established organisation with fully costed plans in place to double in size over the next 3-5 years. A competitive salary, benefits package and genuine career progression opportunities are on offer to the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.