Financial Controller - Property Company
|Job Title:||Financial Controller - Property Company|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dominic Davies|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2019 15:52|
Financial Controller - Property Company - OUR CLIENT is a dynamic and entrepreneurial, niche real estate company who have evolved their offering and continue to grow their property holdings and investment stock and now seek to create and add value through acquisition and development / planning and asset turnaround. They have instructed us to recruit them a 'hands on' Financial Controller who will be accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
THE ROLE will entail these core areas:
- Maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Managing outsourced functions.
- Overseeing the operations of the accounting department.
- Ensuring that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner; trade creditors.
- Ensuring that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Ensuring that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensuring that required interest and debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintaining the chart of accounts.
- Maintaining an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintaining a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Issuing timely and complete annual financial accounts and quarterly management accounts.
- Managing the production of the annual budget and cashflow forecasts.
- Calculating variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Providing financial analyses as needed.
- Coordinating the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitoring debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Producing compliance reports and certificates to debt provider.
The PERSON: ACCA or CIMA qualified (or similar) and ambitious to work with a small but expanding entrepreneurial company. The accounts are not without complexity and the FC will be expected to oversee the auditors and their bookkeeper and therefore exposure to SPVs/ SPCs and real estate / property is highly desirable. To apply, you will therefore have solid 'hands on' and diverse experience and ideally be able to have 1 to 1 meetings with the Board / Chairman to discuss and report / comment on the financial position of the company. It is envisaged that the role will entail both home and London office bases.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Bens
Chichester, West Sussex
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum