Financial Controller - Private Equity Backed Business
|Job Title:||Financial Controller - Private Equity Backed Business|
|Salary:||£80000 - £85000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Gibb|
|Job Published:||March 10, 2021 15:15|
This is an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller to join my client who are backed by private equity and have experienced double digit growth the last 5 years.
The role will be very demanding, but also incredibly rewarding and a chance to be part of an exciting growth adventure.
Please note that my client requires someone from a PE background, with subscriptions experience necessary.
Founded over 50 years ago, my client is the most trusted, accurate and widely used source for various market trends worldwide. They help their clients benchmark performance, identify market entry opportunities and stay on top of innovation for product development.
My client is backed by private equity and has experienced double digit growth the last 5 years and are looking for a new, ambitious and hands-on Financial Controller to join their team and lead from the front at such an exciting time in their recent history!
Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Controller will lead the day-to-day running of the finance team and help improve the systems, processes and controls that will support the ambitious growth plans of the business.
Currently the team consists of a full time Finance Assistant, part time Management Accountant with external tax and accounting support in each reporting jurisdiction.
Regular Responsibilities include;
- Working with the management accountant to ensure monthly group consolidated accounts are produced in a timely manner
- Working with the finance assistant to produce and manage 13 week cashflow
- Producing monthly KPIs, commentary and other ad hoc board requests
- Updating the excel operating model with monthly actuals, assisting with scenario planning and long term cash-flow management (advanced excel skills required)
- Overall responsibility for the audit and preparation of statutory accounts and tax filings
- Ensuring accurate and timely local filings in US, Singapore and Australia
- Supporting the CFO in the budget and forecasting process
- Quarterly bank covenant reporting
- Key leadership role in the selection and implementation of a new finance system (and data migration from Sage, Quickbooks and Xero)
- Integration of finance function from a recently acquired business.
- Assistance on further M&A (diligence, process management, post-acquisition integration) likely to be required.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified (ACA or equivalent) from a practice trained background with a minimum of 6 year's post qualification experience in a VC or Private Equity backed business. Please note that this is experience is a non-negotiable for my client.
Experience of working within a subscription or Saas businesses and an understanding of the M&A process is also essential, alongside exposure to the due diligence process.
The successful candidate with thrive in a fast paced environment, be an independent "self starter" but also enjoy managing and mentoring junior team members.
My client is looking for excellent planning and prioritisation skills and experience of managing multiple stakeholders.
- Bonus up to 20% of salary
- 25 days holiday (plus extra days between Christmas and New Years Eve)
- Pension scheme (1% above the statutory contribution)
- Life Cover scheme
- Flexible working options (remote working with 2 days per week in the office - near London bridge)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£50000 - £55000 per annum
German Senior Financial Accountant
£65000 - £80000 per annum
Finance Business Partner
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Finance Business Partner
£300.00 - £350.00 per day
Senior Accountant *Award-winning Tech brand*
City of London, London
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + benefits