Financial Controller (Finance Director Designate)
|Job Title:||Financial Controller (Finance Director Designate)|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Emma Smith|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2019 16:42|
A fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller for a client based in Northumberland.
Your new company
A dynamic SME based in Northumberland.
Your new role
Our client is looking for a Financial Controller with the view to become an FD in the near future. The purpose of the role is to develop financial strategies in association with all company departments and activities to ensure that the objectives of the board are met. Ensure all financial and reporting obligations are met on an ongoing basis. Effective planning and implementation which would in turn result in a strengthening of the companies financial position. Liasing with customers, suppliers, auditors and financial institutions to ensure the smooth running of all financial dealings. Managing and developing all company assets to ensure that they are being used correctly.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Monthly management accounts
- Annual statutory accounts
- Annual budgets setting and monitoring
- Balance sheet reconciliations and fund flow statements
- Analytical review of performance
- Monthly management information on departmental performance
- Cashflow management
- Production of weekly cash flow forecasts
- Currency exchange, including buying forward of foreign exchange to minimise the company's exchange exposure
- Control of daily cashflow movements Invoice finance control - liaising with the finance provider
- Weekly Control of balances with Key suppliers
- Preparation of all statutory returns
- VAT returns
- Monthly manufacturer composite returns
- Preparation of reports with recommendations for improvement regarding internal controls and systems
- Management and ongoing development of their new ERP system
- Attending monthly Board meeting, presenting to the Board
What you'll need to succeed
You must be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified. The client is ideally looking for someone with extensive manufacturing experience and SME background. IT experience with knowledge of Access Supply Chain software would be an advantage. ERP implementation and management would be ideal.
What you'll get in return
A superb role for a exciting SME.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum