£55000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, pension
19 days ago
My client is a market leading, niche financial services business who offer a range of services to an international client base. Due to a combination of maternity cover and retirement, they are now seeking a strong, rounded accountant to join them, support the finance team and grow into the role of Financial Controller over the next couple of years.
My client is a long established and privately owned group of companies. They are a market leader in their niche area of financial services, providing a range of solutions to their clients around the world.
As the Financial Controller Designate, you will initially join the company to support the existing FC, bolstering the team whilst another team member is on maternity leave.
Initially you will be required to support the FC and CFO, working to improve financial processes and controls, providing assistance as the company transition towards a new accounting system. Your responsibilities in this initial phase will include
- Reconciling client accounts and ensuring that technical ledgers are accurate and up to date, with payments and invoiced matched accordingly.
- Assisting the CFO and FC with the management accounts process, gradually taking ownership and defining new processes, particularly around the new system
- Supporting the team with query resolution, posting of sales invoices and reconciling cash received
- Assisting in the daily process of checking cash payments.
- Assisting in the transition to the new accounting system, providing input to the design and implementation of new processes
Over the course of the first year, you will gradually increase your responsibilities and exposure, as you work towards the longer term Financial Controller role which will include:
* Overall responsibility of day to day operations of the finance team, ensuring that the
finance team works hand-in-glove with the operational departments within the business.
* Liaise with overseas offices and maintain intercompany settlements and reconciliations.
* Development of the finance team to ensure team members have career progression and
can contribute to their full potential.
* Ensuring that controls and processes remain robust but evolve in line with technological
* Ongoing development and maintenance of group transfer pricing policies and
* Primary point of contact for audit queries and preparation of audit schedules.
* Oversight of the group management accounting process and variance analysis providing
input to particular reports where required.
* Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations.
* Maintenance of the numerous bank accounts held across the group, ensuring sufficient
funds maintained in the correct currencies in the correct entity bank accounts.
* Managing treasure deposits to maximise interest earned.
* Review of foreign currency balances held and arrange spot sale of excess currency
* Administration of online banking facilities.
* Checking daily payments for accuracy as required.
Tax and reporting
* Completion of company VAT returns including partial exemption calculation.
* Payment of the various corporation tax instalments for group companies.
* Office for National Statistics reporting.
* Ensure partners' personal tax payments are made by the respective deadlines.
* Ensuring Companies House filings are up to date
The ideal candidate for this Financial Controller Designate role will be fully Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and will have strong post qualification experience
You should be a motivated self-starter with strong experience of producing consolidate management accounts and have experience of financial control within a group environment.
The role would be well suited to a Finance Manager or Senior Accountant looking to work towards a Financial Controller role, or an established FC looking for a new challenge.
You must be organised and have excellent attention to detail.
Normal office hours are 08:30 to 16:00 but the usual start time is likely to be earlier.
The company are looking for somebody who can offer them long term stability in the role.
An attractive base salary of c £65,000 (£55-70,000 dependent on experience)
24 days annual leave