Financial Controller (A)
|Job Title:||Financial Controller (A)|
|Salary:||£50,345 - £57,917 per year + £4,000 Accountancy Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2020 16:03|
Closing Date: 2nd August 2020
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) is at the heart of the government’s economic and social agendas. A quarter of UK businesses are in our sectors and are among the most exciting and fastest growing of the whole economy. They provide 5.2 million jobs and deliver £38bn worth of exports. Our mission is to drive growth, enrich lives and promote Britain to the world.
Working in conjunction with our over 40 Arm’s Length Bodies we strive to create the conditions for everyone to enjoy our national culture, play sport, make the most of new technologies and have access to effective communications. Our sectors are critical to ensuring we have a strong place in the world - creating a global UK whose cultural, technological, creative, community and sporting assets mark us out as an essential partner for trade and investment. And making places that people want to live in, work in, invest in and visit.
The Financial Controller will lead a small but experienced team, and report to the Senior Group Financial Accountant. Primary focuses will include ensuring the Department’s financial systems, cash management and cash forecasting regimes run securely, smoothly and efficiently; Financial control of the Core Department; preparation of the Core Department accounts, and providing technical financial and accounting advice to both internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management and delivery of robust financial policies, controls, processes and systems
- Supervision of the Core Department’s Statement of Financial Position, including cash forecasting, prompt payment compliance
- Management of the core department’s key finance system and the relationship with the department’s shared service provider, as well as overseeing the payment process for suppliers via Purchase to Pay (P2P), including prompt payment monitoring and reporting
- Development of financial control and compliance processes
- Drive financial awareness & compliance by promoting processes & policies and be an ambassador for change process improvement
- Liaising with the NAO and ensuring all necessary documentation is available for audit, along with the preparation and delivery of papers and submissions to internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership and line management (including recruitment, development and training) of 3 staff
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Qualified accountant with experience of managing/using Financial / ERP Systems, plus Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of producing accounts (particularly helpful if within Central Government)
- Demonstrable leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience of development and delivery of process improvements
- Being an ERP subject matter expert or functional/technical lead on finance systems/data projects (desirable)
For more information or an informal discussion, please apply via the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Stuart Thomson at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£80000 - £100000 per annum
Solihull, West Midlands
£60000 - £70000 per annum
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Car, Bonus, PMI, Pension
Assistant Financial Controller - Technology
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£55000 - £65000 per annum