|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||65000 - 75000|
|Job Published:||November 21, 2019 15:55|
Role: Financial Controller
Reporting to: Finance Director
Usborne Publishing, the largest and most successful independent children’s publisher in the UK, is looking for an experienced, motivated and diligent Financial Controller to join its rapidly developing Finance Team.
Usborne is an independent, family business. With around 270 staff based at across our London, Oxford and Wolverhampton we publish over 300 distinctive, engaging, accessible new books each year, and have nearly 3000 titles in print. These range from books for babies such as the bestselling That’s not my… series to YA fiction from acclaimed authors such as Holly Bourne – with everything from Magic Painting to Politics for Beginners in between.
We are looking for someone to take on this key position at a time of change and improvement to support the Finance Director in providing best in class monthly financial reporting to the Board and Senior Management team. Line managing a large team of part and non-qualified accountants, this role will play a pivotal part in general ledger management and control, managing the GL close process, statutory and cost accounting.
- To successfully line manage a long-standing team of 10, consisting of 1 part qualified and 9 non-qualified accountants.
- Recommending and implementing improved financial controls, cost control and processes. Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk.
- Cash flow management, balance sheet reconciliations and VAT reporting. Oversee Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll
- Providing and interpreting financial information and managing financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Provide financial reports, projections and interpret financial trends to the Finance Director while recommending further courses of action.
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company's actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Performance Reporting - Responsible for the provision of financial information and develop KPI's both financial and non-financial in nature.
- Business & Financial modelling.
- Liaising with auditors on the annual audit and preparation of the stats accounts.
- Quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting.
- Management of the businesses overall stock position and proactive management of aged stock in partnership with the commercial team.
- Reporting and timely closure of each financial period with accuracy: including ensuring accurate revenue recognition, cost accounting and cash flow
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role, managing people and the financial management for a diverse and changing business. They will exhibit excellent organisational skills and an understanding of the strategic goals of the business. We are looking for someone who can work well with people and processes. Exemplary interpersonal skills and an ability to work closely with colleagues across the company are a must, as is attention to detail.
- Qualified accountant ACA, ACCA preferably, or suitable candidates who are qualified by experience will be considered.
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager - experience in the Book Publishing industry a bonus.
- A solid understanding of financial and management accounting principles.
- Good working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Audit background and/or proven financial control experience
- Demonstrable team management skills are essential.
- Ability to manage, guide and lead team effectively to ensure all financial processes are being undertaken.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient user of finance software SAP B1 and Sun Accounting
- Expert Level Excel and confident in manipulating large volume of data.
This a full-time, permanent role, based in our London office in bustling Farringdon.
Salary and Benefits Include:
- £65,000 - £75,000 per annum dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays rising to 30 days after 5 years
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance and healthcare provision
- Flexible Working Environment
- Sabbatical Leave
Please apply with your CV and covering letter.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we regret that no correspondence can be entered into. No agencies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum
Group Financial Controller
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum