|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Owen Philp|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2019 17:41|
A permanent Financial Controller job for an exciting business based in Droitwich.
£Negotiable (plus car/car allowance and bonus)
Mon-Fri (9-5) - flexibility required
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be supporting a large, multinational organisation with the recruitment of a permanent Financial Controller for their site in Droitwich.
In the UK, this company develops and manufactures a wide range of products within the FMCG industry and is ranked in the Top 10 of Britain's biggest brands.
Your new role
Reporting into a Head of Financial Controlling offsite and working in a standalone role, you will be required to provide financial decision making and act as the finance lead in driving improvements and performance. You will ensure site budgets, capital investments and three-year plans are optimised as well as acting as a business partner to the Site Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide, develop, maintain and deliver a system of financial control within the company
- Ensure adherence to group standard costing methodology, implementing periodic updates of product costing models
- Responsible for capturing improvement opportunities and holding site management to account for actual returns delivered
- Review and drive improvements in site forecasting and performance metrics
- Drive improvements in operational budgeting
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the detailed budget and forecasting process of the site
- Evaluate and continuously review investment opportunities for the site
- Support the Commercial and Logistics teams with new tenders by providing robust financial updates for product costing
- Provide financial modelling and systems solutions to new business opportunities across all manufacturing processes of the site
- Business partner with the local Site Manager
- Financial analysis for the site management team
- Drive and support standardised financial based KPIs
- Assist with monthly management accounts sign off
- Provide weekly site financial performance updates
- Support other controllers with the presentation of consistent reports across all sites
- Provide cover for the Head of Financial Controlling
- Build relationships with Group colleagues to support the finance controlling function
- Support with the delivery of projects
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with 5+ years PQE
- Proven experience in FMCG/manufacturing
- Self-starter with the ability to business partner, manage and influence decision making
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly driven with a passion for developing skills in new areas
- Ability to operate and build relationships at all levels
- Team player but capable of working on own initiative
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive base salary and the chance to work for a highly successful European business that takes pride in the support and development of their staff. The company offers an attractive benefits package which includes 25 days holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), financial bonus scheme, company car/car allowance, contributory pension, life assurance and private medical insurance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£60000 - £70000 per annum
£45000 - £55000 per annum
£60000 - £70000 per annum
£55000 - £65000 per annum
£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum