|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||October 18, 2019 15:52|
Police Crime Prevention Initiatives (PCPI) is a not for profit organisation that works on behalf of the Police Service throughout the UK to deliver a wide range of crime prevention and police demand reduction initiatives. We act as a catalyst to bring organisations together to reduce crime and the fear of crime and create safer communities. We act as an umbrella to some key initiatives which include Secured by Design, Police Digital Security Centre and National Business Crime Centre, but we are rapidly expanding and diversifying our business areas.
We raise our own money at no cost to the Police Service or the public purse. This financial freedom enables PCPI to be agile and to deliver difficult crime and police demand reduction projects within very short time periods.
The Financial Controller is new post and will lead PCPI's finance function. You will be responsible for all financial aspects of PCPI and work closely with the Head of Corporate Services, CEO and Executive Management team to support the delivery of the organisational strategy and operational plans. This is a key role in the organisation and your responsibilities include:
Work with the Board, CEO, Head of Corporate Services and Executive Management team to develop and deliver the organisational strategy
- Work with the CEO, Head of Corporate Services and executive management team to drive system and business process improvement across the organisation
- Report to the Board and CEO with timely and accurate financial information
- Manage and be accountable for the financial transactions of the business and prepare and report on all company accounts and expenditure
- Create and report on all accounting matters including monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts and produce key variance analysis
- Manage accounting systems, including controls, payroll and invoicing. Embed new accounting system in the organisation and develop appropriate reports / controls around
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation as well as regulatory requirements
- Develop budgets, reforecasts and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Oversight and review all financial plans and budgets regularly to include cost reduction opportunities
- Supervise and manage financial staff
The successful candidate will be fully qualified finance professional, with robust technical skills, a strong sense of commercial acumen and an analytical mind-set. You will have a proactive approach, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will have the ability to engage and develop staff, and be able to build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance staff across all levels of the organisation. As the Finance Controller, you will have significant senior level experience of managing financial activities and will be empowered to develop and embed the right financial systems, processes and controls. This is a hands-on position with a small team of support officers so you must be comfortable working in this environment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's