|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||James Priestley|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2019 11:41|
Financial Controller for a high growth property company in Birmingham city centre.
Your new company
Our client is a vibrant growing company in the property sector with a Head Office in Birmingham city centre. The company has numerous sites across the Midlands and the North of England and has experienced significant growth over the last few years.
Your new role
As Financial Controller, you will be reporting to the CEO/Owner and his external reporting accountants with multiple direct reports.
Your remit will include the preparation of timely, accurate Monthly Management and other Financial Information for presentation to the Board & External Stakeholders and advisors. You will lead the Finance team and take responsibility for the financial control and transaction processing within the Group, heading up the day to day activities. You may also be required to work closely with various other key stakeholders of the senior management team on ad-hoc projects.
Financial controller job duties will include;
* Oversee all company accounts and investments
* Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
* Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
* Supervise and manage financial department staff, including financial assistants
* Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
* Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems
* Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
* Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
* Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
* Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
* Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
* Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
* Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
* Report to the CEO with timely and accurate financial information
* Presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a fully Qualified Accountant who is happy working in a fast paced growth business whilst still maintaining a very hands on approach to preparing the accounts. You will be comfortable preparing the UK statutory accounts. You will be comfortable managing a team and also have the gravitas to have regular meeting and work closely with the CEO.
This role is looking for someone who is looking to develop their career and share in the continued growth a highly exciting and growing business.
What you'll get in return
A fast paced and hands on Financial Controller role which will allow you to shape and define the role. You will also get the opportunity to shape the internal finance team whilst also working with a very commercial CEO. You will be based in city centre offices and receive a generous basic salary and bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.