|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£225 - £60000.00 per annum + Bens|
|Contact Name:||Sophie Evans|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2019 16:00|
SME Financial Controller No 2 role, based either Stratford Upon Avon or Rugby, up to £60,000 plus benefits.
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are proud to be working in partnership with this growing SME, to recruit a qualified Financial Controller, reporting into the UK FD. This AIM listed SME organisation has a presence across Europe and Northern America. The group are expanding and are an acquisitive business. The role will be predominantly based across Rugby and Stratford Upon Avon, your base can be in either site.
Your new role
You will be accountable for the accounting operations of all UK subsidiaries, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the finance operations of all UK subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Lead and develop the finance team
- Reconciliations of Balance Sheet and Income Statement G/L accounts
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Approve Payroll and funding
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedules
- Monitor and submit VAT Returns
- Review Debtor Aging-monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Issue timely and complete financial statements at month end to include the monthly executive pack.
- Weekly Cash Flow preparation
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Oversee the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a fully Qualified Accountant with a proven track record as a Finance Manager / Controller, and a desire to work for a changing, growing company. You will have excellent IT skills, including Excel and have previous exposure working with auditors, bankers, business partners and board members.
What you'll get in return
As well as a basic salary of up to £60,000 you will also receive generous share options, bonus, private health care, car allowance, free on-site parking plus more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Sophie Evans at Hays on 02476 902024.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£80000.00 - £95000.00 per annum
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus