|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2019 11:54|
Hays are partnering exclusively with Skyborne, a privately-owned aviation business whose vision is to be the most respected and trusted commercial pilot training academy in the industry, delivering airline-ready pilots.
Skyborne has been built from the ground up, starting with their brand-new headquarters at Gloucestershire Airport. The purpose-built 13,000 square ft training centre is equipped with the very latest aircraft, top-of-the-range flight simulators and ground school training equipment.
They are radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from their unique educational approach to their world-class facilities. As an organisation they are fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots to hone their skills.
Overview and Objectives of the Position:
Due to the continued growth and success of the business, the outsourced finance function is now going to be brought in house. A dynamic and motivated Finance controller is required to lead this process and maintain a successful working relationship with the business management in order to provide sound financial and commercial advice in all areas of decision making.
Reporting directly into the Directors this role will evolve and help to scope the direction of the business from day one. Skyborne has huge growth plans and have budgeted for 300% growth this year alone. As such we are looking for an ambitious and driven hands on Financial Controller who is looking to take on the challenge of working and supporting some of the very best in the industry.
You will have the opportunity to build a team around you, however this will be a hands on role and as such you will be responsible for finance in its entirety. Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- All Accounting/Finance matters including all accounting and financial reporting related duties for the Company
- Recruitment of finance staff
- VAT returns
- Manage and maintain Purchase and Sales ledger
- Bank reconciliation
- Assist with annual audit
- Posting and checking of invoices (both incoming/outgoing)
- Managing and tracking student payment plans
- Communication with student Pilots to ensure payment plans are received on time
- Management Accounts
- Expense claims
- Petty cash
- Managing payment runs using On-line Banking
- Responding to all accounts queries
- Pricing - develop pricing models
- Forecasting - responsible for accurate forecasting
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications Qualifications, Experience and Personal Qualities:
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong experience with accounting packages and small business accounting software
- Strong Spreadsheet skills
- Effective communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Well organised and analytical
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
- Highly motivated and interested in being part of a small and talented team
- Experience of working within a small finance team and start-up business
In return you will receive…
Support of an ambitious and driven board, a move in to a pioneering organisation with the ability to work for a company who is best in class. This role comes with the ability to progress to Finance Director for the right candidate and offers stunning facilities within a picturesque part of the world.
All direct and indirect applications will be forwarded to Hays Senior Finance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus,
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus,
Group Financial Controller
City of London, London
£90000.00 - £95000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff
£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum