|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Owen Philp|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 13:23|
A permanent Financial Controller job for a large FMCG organisation based in Droitwich.
£Negotiable (plus car/car allowance and bonus)
Mon-Fri (9-5) - flexibility required
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be supporting a large, multinational organisation with the recruitment of a Financial Controller for their site in Droitwich.
In the UK, this company develops and manufactures a wide range of products within the FMCG industry and is ranked in the Top 10 of Britain's biggest brands.
Your new role
Reporting into a Finance Director offsite and working in a standalone role, you will be required to provide financial decision making and act as the finance lead in driving improvements and performance. You will ensure site budgets, capital investments and three-year plans are optimised as well as acting as a business partner to the Site Manager.
- Provide, develop, maintain and deliver a system of financial control within the company and regulatory guidelines
- Ensure adherence to group standard costing methodology, implementing periodic updates of product costing models
- Responsible for capturing improvement opportunities and holding site management to account for actual returns delivered
- Review and drive improvements in site forecasting and performance metrics
- Drive improvements in operational budgeting
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the detailed budget and forecasting process of the site
- Evaluate and continuously review investment opportunities for the site
- Support Commercial/Logistics teams with new tenders by providing robust financial updates for product costing
- Provide robust financial modelling and systems solutions to new business opportunities across all manufacturing processes of the site
- Act as business partner to the local Site Manager
- Provide the site management team with clear, timely and accurate financial analysis
- Drive and support standardised financial based KPIs
- Take part in central monthly management accounts sign off
- Support line manager/senior manufacturing team in identifying and challenging local site opportunities
- Support the site and wider manufacturing function to achieve targets
- Provide weekly site financial performance updates
- Support other controllers with the presentation of consistent reports across all sites
- Provide ad hoc cover for the Head of Financial Controlling
- Ensure appropriate level of relationship with external entities
- Build relationship with Group colleagues to support optimal finance controlling function
- Support ad hoc delivery of projects both for the wider manufacturing and controlling teams
- Work collaboratively with the central Finance team to ensure financial systems/reports are updated timely
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with 5+ years PQE
- Proven experience in FMCG/manufacturing sectors
- Self-starter with the ability to business partner, manage and influence decision making
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly driven with a passion for developing skills in new areas
- Ability to operate and build relationships at all levels
- Team player but capable of working on own initiative
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive base salary and the chance to work for a highly successful European business that takes pride in the support and development of their staff. The company offers an attractive benefits package which includes 25 days holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), financial bonus scheme, company car/car allowance, contributory pension, life assurance and private medical insurance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum
£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Group Financial Controller
£85000.00 - £100000.00 per annum
Financial Planning & Reporting Controller
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum