|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Freestone|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2019 12:18|
Michael Page are delighted to be partnering Oxford Plastic Systems Ltd on an exclusive basis to recruit an exceptional Group Financial Controller.
The position will be based at their HQ of UK Operations in Enstone near Witney, Oxfordshire and reports to the Finance Director.
The Company has enjoyed a long and sustained period of growth which is set to continue over the next few years. The addition of a commercially orientated Group Financial Controller will play a pivotal part within this strategy.
This key appointment is with an award-winning, privately-owned SME business with over 30 years trading history. The company is the leading UK manufacturer of an innovative range of site safety solutions, utilising expertise in plastic moulding technologies across composites, injection and compression moulding processes.
Our client has an excellent reputation for its design, product development and innovation capability and is recognised for its leadership in the use of recycled plastics in its product range. Widely distributed across a diverse customer base it serves sectors such as highways, construction, utilities and events where on-site safety and security are key customer requirements.
Group Financial Controller Role Functions:
There are three primary objectives of the Group Financial Controller role which will contribute to the attainment of the company's business objectives by:
Providing Commercial Analysis to support improved profitability through Business Partnering with internal and external stakeholders;
Review and set up of systems and procedures to support the current Group Structure;
Active contribution to building a strong, robust and respected finance team capable of supporting the current needs and expected growth of the business both in the UK and Internationally.
The key accountabilities:
* Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and supporting schedules for monthly packs - Consolidated Management Accounts, Group Sales Reports, and Production Report.
* Finance Business Partnering to Operations and Multiple Business Units.
* Co-ordination and preparation of annual budgets - P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet.
* Co-ordination and preparation of quarterly forecasts.
* Review / set up of product costings.
* Input and analysis into assessment of validity of Cost Saving projects.
* Prepare monthly sales and margin reporting for business-wide use and for Sales teams.
* Cost centre reporting, control and analysis against budget and prior years.
* Provide pro-active support, data and challenge to the business and to be an active member of and contribute to the Management Team.
Experience of, and comfortable with, a 'hands on' flexible approach, with a willingness to be involved in detailed transactional processing and enquiry; as well as assist in the preparation of management accounts. The role needs to ensure that all transactions are performed accurately to provide reliable financial information.
* Excellent day to day ERP accounting systems knowledge.
* Excellent proficiency in MS Applications, in particular advanced Excel skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Be able to communicate with non-financial people in non-technical language and be willing and open to collaborate across an SME team.
* Be open to change and comfortable with process improvement as part of business growth.
* Be very comfortable supporting and having regular contact with senior management/directors. * Graduate qualified accountant with some post qualification experience.
* Previous work with ERP systems and excellent Excel skills are essential.
* Experience of multi country accounting and consolidation.
* Manufacturing experience would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of Sage 200, Sage 50 Pay and Xero would be an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity to join this ambitious company on a long-term basis, you will personally develop and grow within a very collaborative and open leadership culture, whilst being a key stakeholder in driving sustainable growth in the UK and it's rapidly expanding international markets. Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£45000 - £55000 per annum
£60000 - £65000 per annum