|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2019 18:38|
My client is an acquisitive and established group of hotels, with three sites across the UK and head office based in Gloucestershire.
You will be responsible for the preparation of the annual budgets as well as being responsible for the efficiency and accuracy of financial procedures and reporting throughout the Company. Reporting directly in the Operations Director continually scans the landscape for strategic growth opportunities for the Group and prepares the financial case for such opportunities.
- Prepares the annual Group budget for presentation to the approval of the Board.
- Prepares the Annual Capital Expenditure programme for the approval of the Board.
- Prepares all major capital expenditure cases for the approval of the Board, monitors the progress of approved cases, and the internal rate of return.
- Responsible for the financial reports and day to day financial procedures
- Directs the work of all financial staff and owns the annual budget for the function.
- Continually develops and updates all financial procedures for the Company in line with best practice.
- Develops and manages the monthly management reporting process.
- Identifies and analyses cost and revenue variances from budget for discussion with the Operations Director.
- Identifies opportunities for revenue growth/cost saving in conjunction with Hotel General Managers.
- Works with the Operations Director on all substantial Group procurement contracts.
- Liaises with the Company Accountants throughout the year and specifically on all Group balance sheet structure matters and in the preparation of the year end accounts.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Company VAT and Tax returns.
- Manages the Company's banking arrangements and relationships and their effectiveness.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Company payroll and the relationship with the payroll outsourcer.
- Monitors the environment for changes to the law and regulation affecting the Group.
- Acts as an "A" signatory for Group expenditure.
- Attends Group Board meetings.
- CIMA/ACCA qualified.
- Senior all round financial experience in the leisure sector.
- Strategic turn of mind.
- Good man management and communication skills.
- Team Player.
- Strong Excel capabilities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
Head of Finance / Financial Controller
£80000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Gatwick, West Sussex
£45000 - £50000.00 per annum + pension