|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + good benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Taylor|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2019 16:01|
Our client, a highly successful and profitable manufacturing organisation in West Wales, part of a large group is currently recruiting for a 'hands on' and experienced Qualified or senior Part Qualified/QBE Financial Controller.
Responsible for the overall management of the site's Finance function, ensuring effective financial controls are identified, implemented and maintained for all business operations (in accordance with legislation, group policies and best practice) and reliable financial information is produced for decision making. As a senior management team member, contributing to the overall direction of the site and all its activities.
Key duties include:
- Maintain accurate accounting records, and ensure that regular accounting functions of the company are carried out.
- Overseeing the preparation of weekly and monthly management accounts of the company and related divisions within agreed timescales.
- Managing treasury function, including FX and working capital.
- Ensuring compliance with the group standards, group policies and procedures.
- Contributing to strategic planning by developing and maintaining an awareness of the overall financial position.
- Preparing financial forecasts for the trading activities and monitoring actual performance.
- Reporting to the Senior Management Team on performance against forecast, including variance analysis and work with the managers in recommending actions to improve performance and the development of KPIs.
- Spend time with relevant staff (operations, commercial, supply chain, purchasing) including time on the factory floor, to gain an understanding of processes and costs in order to maintain accurate costings.
- Expectation that 50% of the time will be spent with the factory, helping the General Manager implement a Lean Manufacturing programme.
- Regularly reviewing expenditures, introducing cost controls where appropriate.
- Conducting capital expenditure audits, both pre and post implementation, ensuring viability of the capital projects from a commercial and financial aspect.
- Development of product costings.
- Liaising with auditors in the preparation of the annual audit of the named companies.
- Liaising with Government agencies in respect of funding and grant aid assistance.
- Coordinating completion of all documents in relation to various forms of import and export schemes, ensuring conformance with relevant government departments, Inland Revenue and other statutory requirements.
- Strong IT skills and proficiency with MS Office Applications, in particular Excel.
- A talented Qualified, senior part qualified or QBE Accountant.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- The ability to work within a team as well as independently.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
£55000.00 - £65000 per annum + Bens