|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||May 14, 2019 16:05|
Hays Senior Finance are currently recruiting exclusivley for a Financial Controller for a growing 7m turnover whole sale busienss based on the outskirts of Cheltenham in the beautiful town of Bourton on the Water.
Reporting to the MD this role will have responsibility for all financial aspects of the business including the management, control and reporting of all financial, administrative and IT matters. This is a dynamic and hands on role in a fast-paced business.
- Control and manage cash and other resources and assets of the company by ensuring robust controls and processes are in place with regards to purchasing, payments, payroll management, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Bring improvements to these areas where appropriate.
- Manage the small finance, IT and Admin team to meet all daily operating requirements and to produce and publish regular, timely, internal and external reports to meet the needs of the business
- Produce value add reporting including weekly KPI statistics, 16 week rolling cashflow, monthly management accounts, annual budgets and annual financial statement
- Ensure all external financial stakeholders are provided with high quality timely information as required
- Lead and support the auditors and all other stakeholders such as banks, investors and HMRC in the preparation of all reports required
- Identify, establish and manage an effective currency hedging strategy for the business
- Review and interpret financial reports and overall business performance to identify areas of opportunity and risk and contribute to the ongoing development of appropriate strategies in order to manage these risks and to increase the efficiency and profitability of the company
- Work with the group facilities manager to ensure that all property related matters such as leases, utilities, vehicles and general insurance matters are suitable for the businesses needs
- Work with the management team of the business to support good commercial decision making which supports the overall profitability of the business. Key to this is supporting decision making on timely stock purchasing, product costings, sales pricing and overheads
- Undertake ad-hoc financial reporting requirements on a timely basis
Qualifications and experience required
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- 5 years + experience in a senior level broad finance role
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team
- High attention to detail and great organisational skills
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Robust personality and extremely proactive
- Commercially savvy and driven
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Nav 17 or similar would be an advantage
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Financial Controller (ACA)
£65000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits Inc, £7k Car Allowance, 15% Bonus
Senior Financial Controller
£60000 - £65000 per annum
Richmond upon Thames, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits