|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£75000 - £85000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||James Skeath|
|Job Published:||January 30, 2019 10:17|
This role is acting as the number 2 in finance for an education publishing business that is backed by a private equity business. The role will require you to manage the finance function and partner with the sales team to help further grow the business.
My client is a fast growing education publishing business that has ties with The Wall Street Journal and is used globally by students to work out their next steps.
Their website has over 1.5 million visits every month from academics and university leaders, students and their families, and industry and government specialists.
Operating as a business partner to senior colleagues, the FC will:
- Optimise the company's financial performance and improve financial controls and operational processes around supplier, seller and buyer management.
- Ensure delivery of regular financial analysis, board and investor reports and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Lead the development of financial planning and analysis, including rolling re-forecast and flash reporting, along with detailed review of direct costs and overheads as the business grows, and developing new performance measures as necessary to provide enhanced financial information to senior management.
- Contribute to the evolution of the business & financial systems to ensure they are robust, streamlined and able to support current activities and future growth.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Process some of the month end journals where necessary, although it is expected that as processes are improved this requirement will fall away
- Mentor and develop three direct reports to build a "client-centric" team dynamic, facilitating stronger interaction between management accountants and the business.
- Ownership of the balance sheet
- Ensure appropriate recognition of revenue and costs, deferring where necessary
- Support the CFO in the development of pricing proposals, RFP/tender responses, new partnership or market prospects.
- Support ad-hoc project requests as required
This is a challenging role requiring the candidate to meet the following criteria.
- Qualified accountant (ideally ACA/ACCA with 5+ years PQE)
- Experience in a financial-management role
- Previous management experience
- Excellent attention to detail and prepared to get into the detail and do journals where necessary
- Commercially focused with robust numerical and analytical skills; experience of adding value
- Energetic, highly motivated with ability to drive results
- Articulate with strong influencing, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use initiative, anticipate issues and develop practical solutions in a collaborative manner
- Ability to develop sound business relationships with colleagues and engage them on financial matters
- Strong organisational skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in a media business or business with deferred income preferable
A highly competitive package is on offer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's