Halifax, West Yorkshire
£50000 - £60000 per annum
15 days ago
Michael Page are exclusively partnering with a reputable business in West Yorkshire to recruit a Financial Controller for a growing division of the business.
The business are hugely successful, providing services to a range of clients.
A Financial Controller is required for a growing division of the group which has seen a number of strategic acquisitions over the last 3 years.
The role will lead financial control and processes reporting directly into the Divisional FD and have responsibilities such as;
- Line manager for the billing & credit control team, assistant financial accountant and account administrator.
- Preparation of accurate and complete management accounts including full balance sheet, cash flow statement and intercompany balances reconciliation within 6 working days of each month end for review by the Divisional MD & FD before submission to the Group finance team.
- Prepare & manage the division's rolling 13-week cash flow forecasts
- Managing the working capital of the division by close control and monitoring of order to cash process. The entails close attention to the debtors ledger, billing process and tight control over supplier payments
- Implementation, monitoring and checking of system and process controls to ensure results accurately reported
- Ensure monthly balance sheet & control account reconciliations are completed within 6 working days of the month end including accurate revenue recognition
- Manage the purchase ledger function ensuring accuracy and completeness, review and authorisation of supplier invoices, review of the aged creditor list and supplier BACS payment batches are processed each month
- Review and authorisation of payroll, ensuring that all related payments (PAYE/NI, pension contributions, attachment of earnings) are made by the relevant deadline
- Manage the VAT Returns and CIS submission
- Support the group audit by timely preparation and submission of information requested by the auditors
- Providing additional financial information to the business as needed and completing ad-hoc financial and business projects as agreed with the Head of Finance
The role requires someone who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment and not afraid to get involved in the detail. It requires a strong personality to work with other functions as well as strong technical skills to ensure credibility with reporting.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Experience of Sage 50 & IFS preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels
- Able to prioritise work based on deadlines and importance
- A proven problem solver - proactive in identifying business/financial issues, recommending solutions and in implementing agreed recommendations
Competitive salary + company benefits