York, North Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
19 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
You will be working for an innovative fast growing organisation based on the outskirts of York
Your new role
Our client is at the exciting stage of growth and are looking for a really hands on proactive Financial Controller to be a pivotal support to the CFO in this crucial time for the business.
You will be responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in regards to all financial and accounting activities.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Cashflow forecasting and budget setting
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Manage the audit process liaising with external personnel, collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop and monitor budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Month end management accounts - accruals, prepayments, journals, fixed asset register and VAT returns
- Intercompany accounts, reconciliations and recharges
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Undertaking financial analysis and reporting
- Overseeing purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control, expenses
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Consolidations of accounts
- Supporting and overseeing grant application
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Qualified Accountant that has a proven record of working in a role similar to this. You must be used to working for a small fast growing organisation and be happy to role your sleeves up and do what is required to take this business to the next level. Having the ability to communicate with financial and non-financial minded individuals is essential.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Sound business knowledge
- Accuracy and attention for detail.
- Works well under pressure and revels in a challenge
- A self starter and self motivated
- Extremely good problem solver
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to join this business at a time of growth and the ability to drive the business forward to become a key part of the growing success of this organisation. What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.