24 days ago
Reporting to the MD, the Financial Controller will be responsible for overseeing the change and improvements to the finance department, reviewing and streamlining processes, and showing the potential to grow in the the FD position as the company grows.
My client is a successful family owned manufacturing and retail business who have expended in the US and Europe following strong results in the UK.
The Financial Controller will play a key role in the business and the remit will include:
-Production of group management accounts, commentary, variance analysis etc
- Communicating results to the Board
- Managing Cashflow (daily cash reporting and cash flow forecasting)
- Monthly reconcilaitions
- Challenging and reviewing spend by budget holders
- Organising year end statutory accounts including subsidiary accounts
- Leading the budgeting and forecasting process
- Co-ordination of annual audit
- Supporting Board and leadership team in the analysis, understanding and interpretation of the financial performance of the business
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Reviewing and advising on current processes with a view to streamlining and improving.
- Overseeing customs duty requirements to ensure compliance.
- Reviewing investment opportunities
- Review and analysis of proposed cost-control efficiencies and savings.
- Identifying risks and make appropriate recommendations or decisions on the accurate reporting
The successful candidate for the Financial Controller role will be
- Fully Qualified (CIMA, ACCA or CIMA)
- A strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen
- A strong leader with excellent people management skills
- Experienced in the development of systems and processes
- Used to dealing with foreign subsidiary accounts
- Able to present financial information clearly and concisely with great insight
- Diligent and organised
- Able to keep a clear handle on cash flow at all times.
A competitive package is on offer for this role
Call Paul Urquhart on 01622 604 511 / 07552 000 801 to learn more!