Bradford, West Yorkshire
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Financial Controller role based in Bradford
£45,000 - £55,000 + benefits + 15% bonus depending on experience
- Distribution and sales
- Exclusive role to Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
A c£10m UK business, that is part of an internationally family owned group, is recruiting for a Financial Controller, ideally Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA). Following a sustained period of growth, a UK acquisition and a healthy order book, this is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced company in an autonomous role.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will lead a small finance team. You will be involved in an all-round finance role, producing monthly management accounts, budgets, forecasts, VAT returns, overseeing the year end with the auditors, as well as producing helpful and useful reports and KPIs. You will also be working with other key stakeholder in the business, so communication skills and presence is essential.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Developing financial strategy, including risk minimisation plans and opportunity forecasting
- High-level financial reporting and analysis
- Regular budget consolidation
- Cash flow management
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Stakeholder management
- Overseeing debt management and collection
- Preparing company tax and BAS statements
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Developing financial reviews and providing investment advice
- Working closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Mentoring (Management-advice/team/workplace-mentoring]
You will be part of the UK Senior Management team of four, helping shape the business and drive performance. Finally, in this cash rich business you will identify target acquisitions and see the process through to completion.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience of working in a similar role and ideally be a qualified accountant, ACA, CIMA or ACCA with a strong business acumen and first-rate accounting ability. Furthermore, SAP experience would be an advantage but not essential.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to be the number one finance person within the business. As the organisation grows, this will open up opportunities to progress your career within the company.
This role also offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits which includes a 15% bonus, which despite COVID, was still achieved this year.
You will also be involved in strategic decision making and be able to make a real impact on the continued success of the business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Alexandra Elliott on 07540716801 for a confidential discussion on your career.