|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Healthcare, 28 days leave|
|Contact Name:||Ben Tibbert|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2021 16:45|
Financial Controller sitting on the senior management team, reporting into the CEO and responsible for the finances of this Health Charity. The role oversees the financial operations of the entire organisation, management of the finance team and the organisations long term financial strategy.
The Financial Controller will play an integral role in providing a modern and accessible finance service, whilst leading on the charities financial management and performance. The Financial Controller also plays a vital role in building excellent working relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders. The next Financial Controller will need to be able to understand where system improvements are needed and have the skill and attitude to make tangible improvements for sustaining the Charity.
The post holder will work closely with the Chief Executive and senior colleagues to deliver operational elements of the role. The Financial Controller will also be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, working closely with the Board of Trustees and Finance and Risk Committee to ensure financial strategies and management practices achieve the most effective us of resources.
The role will also include the following responsibilities:
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team, contribute to the development, roll out and review of the charities strategic plan.
- Develop, inspire and train finance staff to achieve their full potential and who in turn can make tangible contributions to the organisation.
- Lead responsibility for the financial strategy section of the charities strategic plan to include investment of funds, cash flow forecasts and bench marking with similar organisations.
- Overseeing the end-to-end preparation of the annual budgets and associated three-year plans, working with finance and non-finance colleagues throughout the process. Also responsible for costing of projects and any relevant financial management subjects.
- To lead on the year end process and the preparation of the organisations annual accounts in line with the accountancy standards.
- Lead in the preparation of monthly accounts, variance analysis and commentaries, working with key stakeholders.
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong all-round finance capabilities that can be evidenced through experience. You will be able to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels, with experience of supporting key decision-making. Alongside this you will hold strong technical finance understanding and be able to drive improvement and development of a finance function in a growing organisation
£45,000-£50,000, Auto enrolment pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working arrangement options to work from home.
Part time is considered for experienced candidates and compressed working hour contracts are offered.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Financial Controller
£275 - 325 per day
£35k - 42k per year
Financial Accountant - Straight from Practice
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Finance Business Partner- Housing Association
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£44000 - £44500 per annum
Interim Finance manager