|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Alastair Lees|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2021 16:03|
Financial Controller - Cirencester - Construction - £40,000 - £50,000 - Office Based
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance have exclusively partnered with an close knit SME in the construction industry who are experiencing a sustained period of successful growth and are now looking to appoint a full-time Financial Controller to manage their small finance department and work alongside the Managing Director.
Your new role
As the Financial Controller, you'll be responsible for running the small finance department on a day to day basis as well as working alongside the Managing Director to develop business strategy and awareness across the business. Hitting the ground running, you'll be responsible for:
- Leading the finance function, taking responsibility for all aspects of financial management.
- Preparing the year-end reporting pack to assist the external accountant.
- Producing management accounts and providing strategic and financial support to the directors.
- Managing the credit control function and preparing payroll calculations and processes.
- Overseeing the processing of all invoices and timely payment to suppliers.
- Preparation and submission of VAT and CIS returns.
- Monitoring cash flow and preparing cash flow forecasts.
What you'll need to succeed
For this role, relevant exposure or construction industry experience is vital. You'll need to have a demonstrable understanding and experience with CIS returns and VAT and cash flow in the construction industry. The willingness to "get under the skin" and "roll up your sleeves" is integral to this role and the fit within the business.
- Accountancy Qualification (AAT, ATT, CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Experience with Sage 50
- Self motivated with the ability to work unsupervised and with a high degree of accuracy
- A structured and organised approach to work
- Flexibility to take on varied tasks and ability to communicate at all levels
The following knowledge and experience would be advantageous:
- Construction Industry Scheme
- Partial Exemption for VAT
- VAT rules relating to construction work
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to make this role your own and contribute to the sustained success of this business, my client can offer:
- Competitive salary up to £50,000
- Pension scheme
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on site parking
- Part-time and flexible working arrangements will be considered
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's