|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Location:||Doncaster, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + various benefits|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2021 15:48|
Newly created Financial Controller role with a leading Doncaster based Manufacturing business - £52,500 + bens
Your new company
I'm delighted to be exclusively partnered with a leading Doncaster based manufacturer who are seeking to appoint into a newly created Financial Controller position following an internal promotion into a General Managers position.
Your new role
The organisation are a leading business in their field, with c.£20m T/O, having navigated the Covid pandemic successfully through a diverse product line and capitalising on opportunity created by the pandemic.
Part of a wider group, reporting into the Group FD based in Europe, this role is a fairly autonomous role with a dotted line into the new GM position.
The business are going through a continued period of change, and it is a particularly busy time for the organisation as they continue to capitalise on market opportunities as they present themselves, with key senior management positions structured to ensure the best utilisation of these opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed
This is a key new appointment for the organisation, playing a leading role in supporting the Doncaster management team through keen financial management and meeting all the internal control and financial conduct standards required within a public company. You will have direct line management responsibility of a Financial Accountant as part of your role.
You will work closely with the wider business commercial teams to support current / future pricing decisions to assist with business development opportunities and requirement. This work should extend to ensuring up to date commercial forecasts are maintained and prepared.
You will also work closely with the wider internal finance community to ensure up to date compliance and maintain corporate reporting deadlines.
You will ideally come from a similar Manufacturing / FMCG background, however the skills detailed below are the key requirements for the role.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively
- Primary control point for the company's SOX controls
- Preparation of monthly accounts in line with corporate reporting requirements
- Preparation of local management account to include Financial KPI's
- Maintain rolling cash flow requirements
- Preparation of monthly / annual revenue and cost forecast for the site
- Maintain and update standard costing system as and when required
- Preparation of the annual local statutory accounts
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure timely filings of statutory accounts
- Preparation of the plant annual budget
- Liaison with HMRC in relation all taxation requirements typically but not limited to VAT , PAYE and corporation tax
- Assist and review of capital expenditure applications
- Provide effective leadership for direct reports.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business who have strong ambitions for the future. As a key member of the senior team, you'll have a direct impact in this through your financial responsibilities.
You'll benefit from:
- Salary up to £52,500 p/a
- 25 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays, increasing with length of service
- 5% employer contribution pension
- Medical cover
- Free parking
- Various additional benefits
Overall, you'll be someone who has outstanding communication skills, with the ability to continually adapt as the business changes and grows, comfortable in a fast paced role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Stockport, Greater Manchester
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + bonus