|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + pension|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Wilson|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2021 17:47|
A qualified accountant is needed for a new Financial Controlling role based in South Oxfordshire
Your new company
My client is a new national institute, funded by the UK government through UK Research and Innovation, dedicated to bringing about transformative changes in life science through interdisciplinary research and technology development.Their work is focused into five complementary themes, which together will produce technologies which allow us to see the biological world in new ways, from single molecules to entire systems. This insight will speed up drug design and development, and push forward our understanding of human health and disease.
Your new role
The Financial Controller is a key position within the central operational team, leading a small team which includes an Assistant Accountant, Procurement Manager and Accounts Clerk.
The role covers two main areas of responsibility:
1. Financial management and reporting; and
2. Business planning: being a partner to the Chief Operating Officer in preparing long-term business plans for individual departments and the overall organisation.
The role has a balance of operational and strategic work leading a small team in establishing strong financial practices and systems to support the continued growth of the organisation. Working as part of a small, high performing operational team with a values based culture.
In return, my client offers a dynamic and challenging environment with significant opportunity for personal growth and development, including the potential to support partnering efforts and, in certain cases, the commercialisation of the their research activity.
What you'll need to succeed
- CA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Successful track record operating in a commercial business or finance environment as either Finance Manager/ Financial Controller or equivalent
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills (including advanced excel skills)
- Proven ability to operate as a value-added partner to senior team
- Strong communication skills - ability to translate complex financial information into accessible formats for non-experts
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A hands on operator who enjoys working with and developing a small team
- Comfortable taking on new challenges and learning new skills
- Ability to translate Franklin research values into personal practice and behaviours, including a demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- BSc or MSc degree in accounting, business, economics or related field
- Previous experience of working in a science-led organisation
- Experience of research funding/grant management
- Understanding of organisations with charitable status
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available
A competitive salary
Generous pension (up to 18% employer contribution)
25 days holiday plus bank holidays + additional for Christmas
Campus location in beautiful countryside, with free parking, social and sports clubs open to staff
Training and development opportunities for staff at all levels
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Chichester, West Sussex
£50000 - £55000 per annum
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Director Remedies, Business and Financial Analysis
£91,754 - £105,000 plus excellent benefits
Chief Finance Officer
50000 - 50000
60000 - 65000