|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Carey|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2021 11:23|
About the Company
Our mission is to transform the way people live in cities. With over 16 million possible combinations of gears, colours, handlebars and accessories, we make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our product has travelled far - we now export 80% of our bicycles to 45 countries.
To change urban living, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact.
A well run business, underpinned by an effective control environment, that maximises the use of technology, is more likely to win in a challenging and disrupted market, adding more value to its investments and managing its costs. We are looking for a highly proactive and enthusiastic Financial Controller to develop our internal finance controls and support the day-to-day activities of the finance team. Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role will vary depending on the needs of the business. You will be required to take a deep dive into the financial processes across manufacturing, wholesale, ecommerce and retail to ensure internal controls procedures are fit for purposes, well documented, and adhered to.
Brompton has developed into more than a manufacturer with a growing global retail and ecommerce business, there are many challenges and aspects to the Finance function that will require your critical thinking.
The occupant should be a self-starter, who is capable of managing internal and external deadlines. The person in this role should be methodical, thorough, enjoy challenging situations and have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion. Getting things right, attention to detail, ensuring quality and standards are met and reducing error to a minimum are important factors in this position. The successful candidate will have a background in retail, ecommerce or the consumer goods sector. Additionally, a passion for cycling would be a real bonus
- Develop financial and system control solutions to manage risk and build stakeholder credibility.
- Ensuring high quality financial processes and reporting – you will need to ensure that the processes in place across the business are fit for purpose.
- Set-up and maintenance of the finance function of the ERP system across the various business units. These include the wholesale, retail, and ecommerce channels.
- Internal monthly reporting of the management accounts – you will need to ensure that the corporation & business unit reporting is reliable and accurate.
- Ownership of the monthly balance sheet reconciliation pack. The consolidation of the accounts are performed by the Finance Manager. Your support will be on validating the accounts through analytical review and managing the balance reconciliation process.
- R&D Claims – you will responsible for preparing the evidence for the R&D claim with the support of our UK tax advisors.
- Financial Transformation – you will assist with the implementation technologies such as a consolidation system, financial planning, expense claim system, and account reconciliation software and transaction matching system.
- Planning - you’ll assist with the preparation of the detailed annual consolidated 5 year business plan.
- Direct tax – in conjunction with the tax advisors you will need to implement all necessary processes to meet our tax obligations across the group. The business is making significant investments and we need to be confident we are maximising the capital allowances we are entitled to.
- Indirect tax – working with each local financial advisors, you will need to ensure that we are meeting all our sales tax obligations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Motivate and manage your team.
Skills and Requirements
- Qualified Accountant.
- Group accounting/consolidation and experience of multi-currency environment.
- Entrepreneurial, hands on, can-do attitude and ability to think outside the box.
- Experience of accounting in similar sectors: manufacturing, retail, or ecommerce.
- Convincing personality and ability to work both independently and as a team-player.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of ERP system administration and controls.
- 3-5 years in a similar role.
- An advocate of quality, continual improvement, and automation.
- Organised, with the ability to prioritise tasks, manage their own projects and allocate their time according to business objectives.
- Proactive and flexible approach; willing to contribute to the ongoing development of the business.
- IT-literate with solid MS Office skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £55000 per annum
£50000 - £55000 per annum
£70000 - £75000 per annum + car allowance