7 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller to join their team based in the Cotswolds as number one in Finance.
You will join them on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £50-60,000 per annum based on experience and expertise combined with a package including pension contribution and private healthcare cover.
This family-owned business is situated within a short commute of Cheltenham and Banbury and has a profitable and cash generative range of activities including agriculture, mixed property, minerals, leisure and retail.
Following recent changes and re-organisations within the senior leadership team, there is now the opportunity to appoint a commercially minded Accountant to assist the Managing Director in the ongoing restructuring and become wholly immersed in the next ambitious chapter of the business' development.
This is an outstanding long-term opportunity to work in an ambitious, forward-thinking independent family owned and managed business.
The role will report directly to the MD, and as well as managing the small finance team, after a successful induction will be responsible for the estate office day to day. There will be regular involvement with a varied range of key stakeholders, including senior family members, trustees and the banks.
This hands-on role will ensure the finance team is delivering the core financial and commercial support to the Principal - enabling the estate to maximise commercial opportunities to improve sales and margins, control costs and manage working capital requirements whilst taking appropriate measures to contain risk.
What they're looking for in their Accountant role
- Graduate calibre qualified accountant with excellent team management experience, possessing functional excellence and able to exercise tight financial control.
- A problem solver able to identify and address challenges, to manage daily cash positions, management accounts, budgets and prepare statutory declarations for audit accurately and on time.
- Possessing mental acuity and precision, maturity, confidence, honesty and integrity. Capable, resilient and robust, a confident communicator with a good cultural fit building sound relationships quickly.
- Will commit for the long term.
- Extensive experience of finance management, reporting & budgets setting (capital/revenue), cash management, reporting to and managing relationships with multiple stakeholders and managing staff.
- Ideally experience with Xero - including ApprovalMax (or similar) and IT competence (highly literate in Excel).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.