£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
11 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
A permanent Financial Controller job paying up to £40k for a growing business based in Droitwich.
Up to £40,000 per annum
Mon-Fri (39.5 hours - flexibility around hours worked)
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working in partnership with a multi-site retail organisation in Droitwich as they look to recruit a hands-on Financial Controller to join their team on a permanent basis.
With an award-winning people culture and seasonally changing business, this cash rich SME can offer a unique and rewarding mix of variety and challenge.
Your new role
Reporting into a passionate and experienced Finance Director, you will support with key operational finance duties and lead a team through a major system upgrade, identifying ways of using available technology to deliver results more efficiently.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting, leading and mentoring a small number of competent managers and their teams
- Be a key driving force in the successful implementation of a system upgrade
- Review current practices and processes and deliver business efficiencies
- Produce and review MI for the FD ahead of monthly Board meetings
- Extensive use of Excel, Jet Reports and Power BI to interrogate the system and analyse data to enable the production of accurate and timely reporting to all stakeholders
- Review reporting throughout the business and suggest and implement improvements
- Assist the FD in producing sales, margin, wage and other overhead budgets/forecasts
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of VAT returns and other tax payments
- Preparation of monthly journals and reserves and ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately
- Liaise with auditors to ensure timely provision of information and successful completion of year-end audit
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or QBE
- Experience in a similar role, ideally in a medium sized company, with the ability to oversee the day-to-day running of a finance function
- Excellent knowledge of finance systems and processes with experience of driving efficiency improvements and implementing/developing new processes and systems
- Staff management and development
- Strong IT literacy with advanced Excel skills
- Clear verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage and influence at all levels
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to work for a forward-looking business. You'll benefit from a discretionary annual profit share bonus scheme, contributory pension scheme, life insurance, private medical insurance, 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), discounts and free onsite parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.