|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Location:||Solihull, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Louise O'Donoghue|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2020 15:14|
The main purpose of the role is to oversee the accounts department. You will be responsible for analysing the management information and discussing with management your recommendations for acting on said information. You are also expected to make necessary efficiency improvements where you consider there is a better way of achieving processes within the department.
One of the leading tour operators and travel providers in the UK.
- Preparation of management accounts to target 10 working days
- Preparation of audit pack for statutory auditors within 3 months of year end
- Full balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysis of management accounts for board
- Reporting to board on variances in management information
- Preparation and overseeing of Rota and accounts processes, including the authorisation of teams leave in line with the Company Holiday Policy
- Management of accounts team members
- VAT returns
- Oversee staff travel account for Directors
- Increase efficiency within department and maximise automation of tasks
- Reporting on performance for sales managers
- Overseeing all daily, weekly and monthly tasks for the department and ensuring timely completion
- Reporting to Operations Director, external consultant and managing director on matters relevant to the accounts department
- Mentoring of assistants within the department to further their career and develop their skills.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- At least 2 years PQE experience
- Good communication skills by phone, email and face to face
- Good IT skills
- Strong Character and good management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Attention to detail.
Competitive package and benefits.
A truly autonomous role for someone ready for the next step in their career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's