|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Contact Name:||Tim Hand|
|Job Published:||September 09, 2020 12:07|
An exciting opportunity to join an SME based in Somerset. The Financial Controller will be part of the leadership team with overall responsibility of the finance division and adding commercial value to the rest of the business.
Our client is an ambitious SME based in Somerset with exciting growth plans. They are looking for a strong Financial Controller to lead the finance team and be a key business partner to the commercial and operational arms of the business.
Reporting into the Managing Director the Financial Controller responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the finance department
- Preparation of Cashflow and Profit and Loss forecasts to support business decision making
- Preparation of supporting figures for a range of operational decisions including bonus schemes
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Ongoing Process improvement of the Finance department as well as indicating wider process improvements in the rest of the business.
- Keeping a strict overview of the cash balances of the business through the scrutiny of the credit control, working capital and supplier payments
- Advising the business of any legislative changes
- Liaison with 3rd parties and maintaining key relationships with Banks/Accountants etc.
- Complete all HMRC returns including VAT and other statutory returns
- Cover all aspects of Purchase & Sales Ledger for holidays and absences
- Qualified Accountant with previous Financial Controller experience
- Strong Communication skills
- Great attention to detail and high level of accuracy, organised and methodical
- Capability to report correct information to colleagues
- Good understanding and knowledge of Excel (advance skills preferred) Sage and CRM systems
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + DOE + Benefits
Group Financial Controller
£85000 - £95000 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Very Generous Benefits
Financial Planning Analyst
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + 6 months FTC