|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||August 26, 2020 18:01|
The JG Travel Group is a leading provider of group travel offering exciting and diverse value for money tours, ranging from short breaks, classic seaside resort holidays, heritage tours, London theatre breaks/ attractions, and European holidays, including Cruises, through a number of distinct brands.
A private equity backed group of companies with plans to further develop and expand, we are dedicated to inspiring everyone to get out more in life by creating memorable experiences. Financial Controller Reporting to the Finance Director, The Financial Controller will play a pivotal role in ensuring the JG Travel Group of companies meets its strategic aims through the optimisation of financial performance.
Responsible for managing the finance team and ensuring that financial records are kept up to date, so that information is provided accurately and timely to enable decision making.
- Manage, lead and direct the Finance team to ensure accurate and timely processing of financial information.
- Ensure that the accounts payable and accounts receivable teams are managed effectively to ensure optimum performance.
- Manage cash flow and weekly payment runs, providing robust cash flow reporting and forecasting.
- Working with the Management Accountant to prepare monthly and annual consolidated management accounts including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, with detailed variance analysis and commentary.
- Investigate and manage variances to identify opportunities and inefficiencies for better controls and cost savings.
- Reconcile balance sheets across the Group companies ensuring that the balance sheets are clean and accurate every month to include Fixed Assets, Stock, Accruals and Prepayments as key areas.
- Lead and manage the audit process, ensuring that all audit files are prepared accurately and on time, and work with the Finance Director on the approval of the statutory accounts.
- Maintain and develop internal financial systems, controls and processes.
- Ensure that Regulatory returns are completed for all regulatory bodies.
- Manage the company credit cards and ensure risk management procedures and controls are in place.
- Manage the VAT compliance and reporting process.
- Work with the Senior Management team to deliver the strategic plan.
- Liaise with the company's merchant service providers on day to day matters.
- Assist the Finance Director in formulating the financial targets and budgets in accordance with the company's strategic aims on an annual basis.
- A solid leader who can manage, develop and influence a wide group of individuals
- A people person demonstrating excellent communications skills - written, and verbal
- Strong Business Acumen
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/ CIMA professional
- Strong accounting background in a group company environment (min 4 years)
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Sage 200 Professional
- Proactive with a strong commitment to achieving results
- An individual who clearly understands the essence of the business and industry (although previous experience in the travel industry is not essential)
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experience Finance Manager/Controller to join a progressive business at a very exciting time in their journey.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Solihull, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum
£42000 - £47000 per annum
Finance Business Partner - Football Sector
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
£35000 - £40000 per annum + + Study Support